*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441702-Prologue-to-Satiate
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Adult · #1441702
This could be considered an erotica manifesto.
No one is merely the result of ancestral history, familial environment, genetic heredity, or social framework. There is something else that while difficult to define empirically is best known as the self. One’s sexuality is deeply intertwined with the understanding of this aspect of existence and denial of this reality has had devastating consequences in perpetuating the mindlessness made sexy by popular culture. Even hidden sexual secrets manifest results, and this will always show the truth about a person or a society.

This is a work that embraces literary erotica and demolishes the mores of such limited concepts. Eros is in the being; it is a powerful force that even in its distortion carves the world just as flowing water engraves the earth.  And as humans have struggled to harness the power of water for its best use, so it is with sexuality in the lives of individuals who re-enact the drama. 
The women speaking through this work walk among us in the darkness, but within them, as within each person, there is an unfailing (if the courage exist to seek it) guiding radiance. In erotic adventures could there be another door to pry open, one concealing a chamber in which one could shine a curative light?

This collection represents a shift to gratification that is founded in the substance of living, rather than pursuit of purely narcissistic pleasure that denies the best of the inner self’s true longing. In the old paradigm these matters were imprisoned by the politicized dogma of religion. In fact, it is as significant a component in shaping what has been known as contemporary society as it was in influencing religious doctrines.

As the populous wanders mindlessly towards its hope for the next orgasm, some do choose to create lives critical to the cohesion and evolution of the whole person ; inspired by intuitive synergy, metaphysically based on principled morality that is heart coded and kissed by Eros.
© Copyright 2008 Cultural_Fusion (culturalfusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441702-Prologue-to-Satiate