*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1445223-The-Habit-of-Reading
Rated: E · Prose · Educational · #1445223
Why i love to read..
I always wonder why some people are so averse to reading books even though it is so emphatically encouraged. And not without good reason..

As Mark Twain very rightly said, "A person who does not read good books is in no way better than a person who does not read at all."

I, for one, am addicted to fiction - all forms of it. It is the most charming, most helpful and knowledgable hobbies of all.

And for many, an escape into the worlds, the places, the characters the author creates.
Ever felt the pain, happiness, shock, dillema of a character in a book when you must be reading about it? And how about the vivid pictures that get painted in your imagination so easily as you go through the words in the book?

Reading books nourishes the mind with the best of the available nourishing techniques. It sets one's imagination free.


© Copyright 2008 Lightening Parx (nups486 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1445223-The-Habit-of-Reading