*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447535-The-Art-Patron-Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #1447535
It is the beginning of something with a man at the opening of an art gallery.
                                          The Art Patron

                                            Chapter One


I looked out the window to see how the day was forming. It was a typical winter’s morning. The skies were gray and the wind was blowing the cold air around. The few leaves left on the ground were in a swirl. I began to shiver at the thought of having to go into the city in this cold, but it was something I had to do.

Today was the opening of the new art gallery in town. I am on the board and my presence was required. Not wanting to let others down or to neglect my duties, I grabbed my coat and headed out. I didn’t think to put anything on my head, so my hair was a mess by the time I got to my car. I started my car, looked in the mirror and played with my hair. Then I said enough of this and threw the car in drive and I was off.

I am not sure if I really thought about anything on the way to the gallery. I was just trying to get there on time. I had butterflies in my stomach and wanted the opening to be a success. The only thing I really wished was that my fiancé, Simon, was going to be there with me. Unfortunately, he was on a business trip and I was missing him. It always seemed like he was not around during the main events in my life.

Upon arriving at the gallery, I noticed a crowd lined up and waiting for the doors to open. The only thought running through my mind was that this going to be more successful than we had imagined. Smiling and being extremely proud, I pushed my way through the crowd and went in. Once I walked through the doors, I just stood there and took it all in before it crowded with all our, seem to be, new patrons.

The last time I was here, the lobby was bare and cold, A few paintings were on the way and the sculptures were still in the basement in the delivery boxes. The only thing that was in the lobby at that time was faux marble benches and they look lonely.  Now it was perfect, at least in my eyes. The staff from the catering company was in position and ready to serve. I hurriedly took my coat off and put it into the office. The feelings of excitement, accomplishment and sadness were flowing through out my body. The first two emotions do not an explanation, but the sadness was from the absence of Simon.

As I walked out of the office, my friend Karen yelled, "It is time! Open the doors!" Her excitement was showing. I just smiled at her and proceeded up the stairs to the doors.
At that moment that the doors opened, I should have been exploding with excitement, but I wasn’t. I was sad and thinking about Simon and the way he’s never around for these accomplishments in my life.

Deep in thought, I turned and placed my hand onto the railing that led down the few steps into the gallery. As I did this, my hand brushed against someone else’s hand. I looked up to apologize, but I was speechless. The most gorgeous eyes were staring back at me. His eyes were so hazel and pierced right into my soul. I quickly moved my hand and proceeded to the center of the gallery as nothing had happened.

I really did not have a specific duty that day. I was there for moral support for everyone that worked so hard on this project. I stood in the middle of this great room, sipped on coffee and answered questions by the patrons. I looked up and across the room to see those hazel eyes meet my glance. I felt my face become flush and my heart began to race.

Sitting in a chair on the other side of the room was this man. I finally get a chance to see the rest of this man that went with those eyes. He had a chiseled face with a perfect smile. His torso was long and lean. His hands! His hands looked to be strong, but soft with long fingers that could please a woman. My attraction to him flowed across the room. His expression was as if he knew what I was thinking. He tilted his head and looked as to invite me over, but I was embarrassed. I looked away and started talking to Karen as if I hadn’t noticed the invitation.

Later in the morning, I went on one of the tours of the gallery. My friend, Jessica, led it. She was doing a beautiful job with her commentaries on all the pieces that we had. She had my attention and everyone else’s attention or so I thought.

So engulfed in the comments, I was startled when I felt someone close behind me. Close enough that with each breath he exhaled, it would blow gently on my bare neck. I knew this person to be tall. I was tall for a woman and this figure towered over me. I knew it was Him. I began to hold my breath to contain the feelings of excitement as they began to flow throughout my body. He leaned in closer and whispered in my ear. His deep husky voice was invitingly seductive as he asked me to have lunch with him. I turned to him with my face all flushed.

"I am sorry. But I could not possibly have lunch with you," I answered.

He smiled and introduced himself as Michael. I did the same in return and told him my name was Tammy. His beautiful hand reached for mine and I truly believe that I held my breath as his soft skin touched mine. Trying to compose myself, I let him know that I was in a relationship and I did not think it would not be appropriate.

He smiled and squeezed my hand a little more and stared into my eyes. Once again, I held my breath and this time chills were all over my body. I felt as he looked into my soul and knew exactly what I was thinking. My face flushed and the heat was emanating from my checks. I could feel the immediate reaction from my breast as my nipples became hard and erect. He looked down at my silky blouse and licked his lips so sensual and sexy. I quickly removed my hand from his and walked away.

As I walked the rest of the museum by myself, I constantly looked around for this Michael. Honestly, I do not know if I was looking for him to avoid him or if I actually wanted to run into him again. Each time I looked for him, my heart raced and my body tingled.

Everything went well at the opening, but I was exhausted after all of the excitement of the opening and of Michael. I was not sure which exhausted me most. Either way, I knew I was tired. I even thought about staying in the city that night, but then I pushed myself to drive back home to the countryside.
© Copyright 2008 Carolina Kitty (kittysc40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1447535-The-Art-Patron-Chapter-1