*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451847-Hmmm-Life
by Slice
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1451847
A short little piece of flash fiction.
Two men sitting in a diner, one of them is holding a cracked coffee mug.

"Awful warm today, huh."

The man dressed in green looks up from his plate, and looks at the guy sitting across him. He takes a bite of his omelet, and while chewing, lets out an indifferent "Yup."

The man in the trucker hat sighs. His mind is filled with painful thoughts; getting divorced not more than a month ago, a brother in the hospital... The only reason he's still here is because he tries as hard as he can to keep his mind busy.

His coffee drips onto the checkered tablecloth- slowly, but surely, creating a little pool of black liquid. He puts the cup to his mouth, and takes a sip.

"Warmer'n yesterday."

"Yup".

A fly makes it way into the trucker's line of view. He wishes he where that fly.

A fly has no worries, no obligations. A fly doesn't have to care about emotions, or work, or anything.

He smiles. He sighs. He takes a sip of his lukewarm coffee.
© Copyright 2008 Slice (slice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1451847-Hmmm-Life