*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452210-Final-Farewell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by aagni
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1452210
this is a short speech of a daughter for her father who his no more
It was almost midnight when the last guest left home. Every one was very tired and sleepy. She also was feeling dead tired and looked for a corner to put her feet up and tried to catch some sleep. As her head hit the pillow the memories of her father started coming up. It was almost ten days when she lost him forever. She still remembers the call by her uncle at midnight who informed her that her father was no more. He had a massive heart attack and expired before any medical help could have been organized.
At first she refused to believe till the time she heard her mother’s cry. How could she believe it , Just three days before she had talked with him and he informed her about his plans to visit USA that year. She could still remember those plans and excitement in his voice when talked about his plans. How can such a person full of life just go away? Why life does not give time to people who want to enjoy it? Memories of her father started coming in front of her eyes very clearly
Trying to get back her good memories of her father she remembered the time they all spent while traveling .He was a person born with the craze of traveling all over the world. As far as she remembers all their holidays used to be packed with the traveling plans. She remembered clearly when he used to explain the beauty of mountains or rivers so vividly that every thing used to become alive. May be it was this wide traveling which developed in her a sense of appreciating everything in nature. Lying down on the bed she tried to remember some more good times they spend together.
She also remembered that he was a very simple hearted man who always believed in giving .To him helping the neighbor was equal to helping the god. It was this reason which some times turned his house like a guest house where people used to be all over. Many came for an uncertain period but still, each one was welcomed with open heart .It did not matter to him whether the person was a friend , a relative or just an acquaintance. It was her poor mother who had to tolerate many kinds of guests even at an odd hour. As she remembered those time a smile came across her lips.
Slowly without her realization she drifted to sleep. She was woken up by the sound of her mother who called to say good bye to people who had come to help them during this period .After a week she planned to go her home taking her mother with her. As she packed her bags and got ready to leave the house where they stayed for long, she looked at her father’s photo and prayed to god that let his soul stay in peace. This was her Final Farewell to Him.
© Copyright 2008 aagni (simca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452210-Final-Farewell