*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452789-Is-Metaphysics-Equaled-To-Denial
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1452789
This article addresses the occasional intolerance of certain beliefs.
As we are witness to such monumental shifts in awareness and consciousness in this life time , we are being pulled by the ebb and flow of our planet to stand at attention and get in line. Which line are you in? The line of Healers, the ones who give direction, comfort and guidance? The line of supporters? Those are the helpers of the Healers, they provide the supportive role. The role of recipients? Those who have lost their way yet have good intentions, and experience hope. Then there are those who are atheistic in their beliefs, and that in itself indicates hopefully a well thought out and reasoned "belief system". The role of the Negatives? Those who squelch and mock beliefs. Then, there are all those in between.

What prompted this blog is an experience I recently had at a popular bookstore. As I stood there with my Venti Non-fat double shot Latte perusing the metaphysical book section, I noticed a middle aged couple. Groomed to all get out, dripping with gold and large diamonds, name branded everything, the mingling of their overly applied perfumes and colognes enough to gag a horse. They pointed to several popular titles, and whispered and snickered. The man said to the woman, "look at this garbage". His impeccably groomed female replied " Yes, pure nonsense. Believing in this stuff is like believing that a Band aid can cure the need for open heart surgery!" As they enjoyed their own little party and as they continued to demand my attention, my mouth agape and eyes no longer having the capacity to look away from this spectacle, Mr. Perfect guy mocked "oh..oh..I have a problem...I will give it over to....", and he greatly lengthened and exaggerated the word "uuuuuuuuu niiiiiiiiii verse , then I won't have to worry about a thing, and I can dance naked around a fire with my other freak friends". Somewhere in there he made reference to rolling around in sage and having flowers in one's hair, and the word patchouli was muttered. I stood there stunned. Another man who was there looked at me and we both half rolled our eyes and smirked.

Well now! Ohhh, my dander was Up. As my friend caffeine surged into my brain, words, statements and thoughts co-existing on the tip of my tongue, my hand shaking and ready to fling the rest of my hot java on her precisely coiffed head, Mr. Adonis said to me, " can I help you with something?"....how arrogant. I breathed, counted to approximately 0.5 and responded, "I am not the one who needs help"! Once I walked away I realized how grateful I was that he handed that line to me! The other man who was there happened to be parked near me and we left at the same time. He was so sweet and kind and asked me if I was alright. After I replied that I was indeed OK and thanked him for his concern, we got to talking. He is a burned out nurse! Anyone who knows my story knows that I too, am fried from the profession. I told him of my workshops. We exchanged contact information.

What a wonderful trinity of energy that exposed itself that day! Perhaps Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head were the catalyst in my making a new acquaintance. How would they feel if they knew that the Divine worked through them to create a new bond? Moral of the story: People truly think this way, friends. How lonely and frightening it must be to not have belief or faith in anything other than their bank account and their stock options? Their belief is that because we have belief and faith in the Vast and Known Unknown, that we are giving our problems away so we don't have to address them. I send Light and Love to these people. What else can be done? (Legally) :)
© Copyright 2008 Instinctual (instinctual at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452789-Is-Metaphysics-Equaled-To-Denial