*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452868-What-is-the-ACLU
by Clark
Rated: E · Essay · Political · #1452868
Trusting the ACLU as the civil liberty watchdog is like the fox guarding the hen house.
It is tragic that some will still claim that the ACLU is the premier defender of civil rights and worthy of support. A champion for civil liberties is desirable, but trusting the ACLU as the civil liberty watchdog is the same as trusting the fox to guard the hen house. The ACLU has spun a web of deceit, which has propelled itself above the law and it is out of control. They can no longer even pretend to support the traditional freedoms established in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. What once may have been an organization dedicated to protecting principles established by our Founding Fathers, the ACLU has now degenerated into a threat to our basic liberties. They continue to go beyond just trying to prosecute every Boy Scout troop, the ACLU is now moving on to sue people just like you and me, for simply disagreeing with their propaganda and have dissenters arrested and subjected to criminal prosecution. How terribly ironic it is that this ACLU that thinks terrorists should not be imprisoned feels that those who disagree with them should be prosecuted. It is all too obvious that the ACLU is no longer endorsing civil liberties but is seeking to make true American patriots into political prisoners. 

What is the ACLU?

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) was founded in 1920. The founder of the ACLU and it’s main inspiration to this day, Roger Baldwin, who stated in the "Harvard Class Book of 1935; "I am for Socialism, disarmament, and ultimately for abolishing the state itself as an instrument of violence and compulsion. I seek social ownership of property, the abolition of the propertied class, and sole control by those who produce wealth. Communism is the goal. It all sums up into one single purpose-the abolition of dog-eat-dog under which we live.” Commenting on the public image of the ACLU, he said; “Do steer away from making it look like a Socialist enterprise...We want also to look like patriots in everything we do..” This quote from Baldwin's biography written by Peggy Lampson.
Baldwin wrote in the 1934 Soviet Russia Today, "When that power of the working class is once achieved, as it has been only in the Soviet Union, I am for maintaining it by any means whatever."

The former chairman of the Communist Party, William Z. Foster and ACLU co-founder, said:  “The establishment of an American Soviet government will involve the confiscation of large landed estates in town and country, and also, the whole body to forests, mineral deposits, lakes, rivers and so on." 

Earl Browder publicly described the importance of the ACLU functioning as "a transmission belt" for the Communist Party. Earl Browder was general secretary of the Communist Party of the United States from 1930 to 1944 and thereafter, when the party was reorganized as the Communist Political Association, he continued as its president. 

The Special House Committee to Investigate Communist Activities stated that:
“The American Civil Liberties Union is closely affiliated with the communist movement in the United States, and fully 90 percent of its efforts are on behalf of communists who have come into conflict with the law. It claims to stand for free speech, free press and free assembly, but it is quite apparent that the main function of the ACLU is an attempt to protect the communists.”

When we look at the ACLU’s policies and case history, it is obvious they are today still very much dedicated to Communist and socialist goals. Just compare current ACLU goals to goals of the Communist party as evidenced by The Congressional Record, Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963, when Congressman Albert S. Herlong Jr. of Florida listed 45 goals of the Communist party in the United States. They include:

15) Capture one or both of the political parties of the United States.

16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming activities violate civil rights.

24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them censorship and a violation of free speech and free press.

25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.

26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as "Normal, natural”.

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch." 

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.

It is obvious then that the ACLU’s original and continued purpose is to promote and defend godless socialism and communism in America, and the right for free speech for the communist agenda (no matter how violent or radical). However, the ACLU opposed the right to express anti-Communist sentiments. The ACLU has an agenda to eventually subvert the civil liberties it claims to defend. Why, because as we know, the ACLU has it’s roots in Marxist ideals. Those familiar with the ACLU's sordid history know that when the organization speaks of "rights" and the Constitution, it is invariably engaged in dialectical subversion. The ACLU claims to defend civil liberties based on the Bill of Rights. However, it is very selective in what it will defend as rights. For example, the ACLU does not support the Second Amendment and the right to bare arms. You would think that after the distortions and contortions of the First Amendment to drive God out of public life that the ACLU would fight vigorously against restrictions on civilian firearm possession.  The ACLU’s selectivity in not protecting gun ownership stems from its basic doctrine in that a totalitarian government must disarm the populace before a Marxist government can takeover.

•          The ACLU has a long established strategy to actively mask its true intentions through its policy of occasionally defending a conservative to make the ACLU appear nonpartisan. The ACLU’s founder, Rodger Baldwin stated in "Soviet Russia Today", September 1934, “If I aid the reactionaries to get free speech now and then, if I go outside the class struggle to fight against censorship, it is only because those liberties help to create a more hospitable atmosphere for the working class.” This is clearly the ACLU official policy to this day as per the words of the ACLU’s William Donohue when he commented, “In other words, the occasional defense of right-wing extremists opens up the courts, thereby making it easier for the ACLU to defend its ideological kinfolk on the left.”
•          “Do steer away from making it look like a Socialist enterprise...We want also to look like patriots in everything we do.. “We want to get a good lot of flags, talk a good deal about the Constitution and what our forefathers wanted to make of this country, and to show that we are really the folks that really stand for the spirit of our institutions.”—Roger Baldwin's advice in 1917 to Louis Lochner of the socialist People's Council in Minnesota.
The ACLU often takes the Constitution out of context so as to champion strange cases that seem to favor an outcome that reinforces authoritarian government control. They more often than not favor the dictatorial concept of appointed Judges creating legislation from the bench.

The ACLU manipulates the legal system to change the original intent of a law through a process they call "building precept on precept". Through this process, they have been successful in changing the original intent or meaning of laws by carefully crafting lawsuits leading to judicial rulings, which reconstructs the law, step by step, towards their own goals. These new laws, created by the judiciary, eventually lead to a deluge of decisions in their favor. The separation of church and state issue is but one example. The ACLU and its allies have reconstructed the Constitution’s First Amendment from which it was intended to be a shield for people of faith into a terrible sword against them. The creative twisting of the Constitution and the Fourteenth Amendment to provide constitutional protections to homosexual sodomy has evolved into the legal undermining of marriage, family and the weakening of parental authority.

The ACLU is on a continual reign of terror in the U.S. as though they have been elected to dictate immoral and unethical standards for the entire country. The ACLU is against morality and Christianity. In the past, it has defended the Klu Klux Klan, pornography and pedophilia as freedoms of expression. It considers limitation to obscenity unconstitutional. The ACLU defends homosexual activism, pedophilia and a push for total sexual liberation. The ACLU supports the North American Man-Boy Love Association, an organized band of pedophiles and child rapists, while at the same time attacking the Boy Scouts for not allowing homosexual scout leaders to lead young boys.

The ACLU is creating a climate where valid laws are to be unscrupulously challenged and distorted. The intention of the ACLU is to create social anarchy and a total breakdown morality in our society.

The caustic arrogance of the ACLU is exemplified in the former ACLU Executive Director’s, Ira Glasser, reaction to the news that Alaska voters had overwhelmingly passed a constitutional amendment protecting marriage only between one man and one woman. She commented, “Today’s results prove that certain fundamental issues should not be left to a majority vote.” The ACLU will certainly be behind many future judicial actions to over-turn the majority vote and will of the people by forcing the legalization of same sex marriages everywhere in America through the courts. We can see then that all actions of the ACLU have the ultimate purpose of reinforcing its desired image of intellectual elitism over what it considers the ignorant faith of the masses. This type of thinking is necessary for them to achieve their goal of a totalitarian society in their transition struggle for a socialist state in America.

From its inception, the ACLU has worked to create a new America. To do so, the ACLU found it necessary to achieve two main things: first, the abolishment of Constitutional barriers to governmental power and second, the enervation of man’s soul to make him weak and dependent on the state. Both of which move America towards a socialist state and, according to Dr. Krannawitter, are advanced by “removing God from the American mind.”

In order for the ACLU to tear down constitutional barriers to governmental power, they must extinguish America’s fundamental trust or belief in God, since such a belief is an essential denial of the supreme power of the state. Our ultimate rights come from God, not the state or man. We must as patriotic Americans prevent the day when God’s presence in the American mindset ceases and people no longer trust in God as the ultimate grantor of rights but to trust only in the state for those rights. The ACLU believes that the more power the state has, the better off the people under it are. If one looks at the history of the Soviet Union and any other Communist country, one will be apt to find Communist leaders who predicated their form of government on atheism and a secular state. This sort of anti-religious atmosphere precludes the existence of any rights beyond that which the state has granted. In addition to the emphasis on the source of rights and governmental power, the ACLU has worked to make people needy and dependent on the state.

Alexis de Tocqueville warned of those like the ACLU who wished to exacerbate the malignant tendencies of democracy. He explained that the government, if people allow it to do so, will create an incessant dependency of the people on the government as it expands its power under the guise of utility, finally reducing “each nation to being nothing more than a herd of timid and industrious animals of which the government is the shepherd.” The ACLU seeks not only to create a people that are dependent and needy, but also a government that “little by little extinguishes their spirits and enervates their souls” by giving them all they want, so that they will be naively content without hopes, dreams, or a will of their own. This is a sort of despotism unlike any other.

Christianity is an antidote to the ACLU’s despotism and poison that is dependency on the state. It goes hand-in-hand with limited government and personal responsibility since it instructs individuals to trust in God for provision and it teaches people a strong work ethic. These are things that are not conducive to the ACLU’s ideal citizen. In short, religion creates a society of people who look not to the state but to the Creator for support.

As the ACLU continues its assault on Christianity and limited government, every patriotic American must understand what is at stake: our liberty and freedom. Our hope as Americans lies in the foundations of America that, though undermined, still exist today. Though seemingly esoteric, the founding and moral principles present a hope to our country. George Washington said, "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports." While it is these “pillars of human happiness” that the ACLU has sought to destroy, Americans have the ability stand up to the ACLU and reclaim America.

© Copyright 2008 Clark (clarkjay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452868-What-is-the-ACLU