*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453849-On-the-Back-of-a-Postcard
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Nature · #1453849
A love letter from a far away place.
My dearest Sam,

Oh how wonderful it was to hear from you!!! I miss you like the sun misses the moon as it rises to try and meet it along the horizon. We have traveled from Morocco’s stucco cottages and businesses to this lovely ancient Egyptian country. I am here now, at one of the great pyramids along with a sphinx that is missing most of his face!!! Of course, that is the picture on this post card. I can barely imagine the work and pain that must have occur here to create such monuments.

I can almost see the slaves now. Hot, sweating and browned by the hot desert sun; nothing clinging to their bodies but simple cloths for modesty. Their faces writhed in pain from pulling large heavy stones up, up, up to the next level of the pyramid. I can hear the heavy breathing of their souls and the bones in their back crack under such a weight. The men who carry the whips laugh and snap the thin, air cutting leather straps that leave welts. All for the glorification of some man who said he would rule over his people and enslave others.

Today again, the sun is shining brightly and the temperature is rising quickly. I realize that no matter how much pain and suffering went into this massive project for a group of people who we would consider not so technologically advanced, there is some beauty left to it. Beauty in the wonders of what the human mind can create. Beauty in the sun that hides behind the pyramid as it’s coming up to show its face. In a way, I can feel you here with me, enjoying the surroundings, taking in the history, holding my hand and whispering dirty thoughts into my ear, making me laugh out loud.

I miss you Sammy. I will be home soon. I am sending you my love and kisses. Give the cats a kiss from me as well. Just remember, I love you and always will.

Your girl,
Liz
© Copyright 2008 Kendall (penquin53 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1453849-On-the-Back-of-a-Postcard