*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1455288-Horror-Hiking
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1455288
Jeremy agrees to go on a hike, and almost died!
  "But mom... If you want me to fail my test then so be it."
Jeremy found a relevant excuse, since his mother was especially particular about school grades and educational... You know? Things like that.
 
  Mrs Flecker gave Jeremy one of her threatening looks.
  "JEREMY FLECKER!" She screamed, "You go on the hike or no TV for a month young man!".

  "But..." Jeremy replied.
"No Buts, Understand?" Mrs Flecker replied.
Jeremy reluctantly agreed. Danny Hermann was going with Mr Flecker and Jeremy for the hike, it was a 3 day hike. They didn't know where they were going but there will be certain private helicopters tailing them. Making sure they were safe. Jeremy was not an outdoor person. Whenever he gets the opportunity. He always refuses to go on those other exciting hikes and stuff his dad organizes. He's a lazy person, you might say. Jeremy cursed loudly.

  He walked to Danny's house, which was two blocks away.
 
  When he reached, he was out of breath. See? I told you he wasn't that of an outdoor person, Danny was the opposite. He was a champion tennis, swimming and soccer player. Jeremy's mom often told Jeremy that he had to be more like Danny.
 
  Danny was blond, athletic and good looking. All the girls at school like him. He hangs out with a group of girls who call themselves the 'Ponies'. "Pathetic", Jeremy thought when he thought about the 'Ponies'.

  He knocked on the door. Nathan, Danny's younger brother, answered. "Is Danny in?" Jeremy asked. Nathan kicked Jeremy in the leg. Nathan was nine, Jeremy was thirteen. Nathan is the most mischevious nine year old you could ever meet. Jeremy cursed loudly, and gave chase.

  He bumped right at Danny, when he hit Danny, there was a loud thud, Jeremy hit Danny's stomach. Danny and Jeremy sprawled onto the ground, Danny clutched his stomach while Jeremy rubbed his head.
 
  "Hey Danny, I'm going for the hike." Jeremy said, weakly.

  "The hell!? You? Going for a hike? No seriously tell me the truth." Danny demanded. "I am telling the truth..." Jeremy said. Danny wasn't used to Jeremy going for a hike, in fact, he never had seen Jeremy on a hike before. "Certain people just lie to merely get attention." Danny sighed.

  "No seriously I'm going." Jeremy replied. "Really? Swear upon your limbs!" Danny replied. "Yeah, swear upon my limbs," Jeremy moaned, still lying down.

  "We have to go back to the house." Jeremy said. "Race you!" Danny challenged, the two boys sprinted down the street. Of course, Danny won. Jeremy nearly died when he reached his block. Danny, on the other hand. Didn't sweat, neither was he out of breath. "You should work out, like me, more." Danny said proudly. Jeremy poked his fat stomach. "Yeah I should, but I'd die if I do that." Jeremy grumpily said.

  "Hike time!" Someone said. "Who is that?" Jeremy asked, vision still blur from the night he had slept before. He was suffering from minor amnesia. He glanced at the picture from across the room. It was his elder brother, Jason. Jason was a kleptomaniac, he stole like... Wow, alot of things, he got caught while stealing a marble dice. Who'd want to steal a marble dice? You'd ask. It was a precious antique, in fact. One of the first dices to be made. Jeremy glanced at the clock. It pointed to '9' and the minute hand pointed somewhere between '5' and '6'.

  He knew it was hike time, but he couldn't bear to leave the comfort of his bed.
He decided, it's time to jump out of bed and show them what I can do!

  He jumped down the bed and did a somersault, resulting in cramps all over the body. "Damn." he muttered. He packed his belongings (Mostly Potato chips) and set off in search of Danny and his dad. He bid farewell to his mom. And ran out to the backyard. Danny and Mr Flecker were already waiting for him, since? Ten minutes ago.

  "Jeremy, what took you so long?" Mr Flecker asked. "I had to change my buttons and pack my bag, brush my teeth and I had to..." Jeremy listed. "Stop." Mr Flecker interrupted, he continued, "We get it.", Jeremy grinned. Danny laughed scornfully.

  They took a taxi to Mt. Deadtree. It sure deserved it's name, most of the trees that grew there, died there. But there were still alot of trees there. They walked further.
Their private helicopters hovering above them. Suddenly, something grabbed them. Just grabbed them, they disappeared, without a trace.
 
  "Mayday mayday, they disappeared. Not a trace!" Voices from the helicopters above said. Jeremy, Danny and Mr Flecker were all knocked, they were unconscious. They were in deep opprobrium.

  Jeremy woke up, consciousness regained in his soul, he thought about his pedant mother first, and then where he was. Mr Flecker and Danny both lay beside them, their consciousness still lost.He moaned, he sprained his ankle in the fall. Fall? It didn't seem so. Or they had been knocked semi-conscious, something like anesthetic during the fall. That explained the sudden headache they got before they disappeared.
 
  Mr Flecker woke up slowly, followed by Danny, they lacked mediocre human necessities. They lacked food, water and air. But what felt strange that, they were not even hungry!
 
  "I see you have come." A voice booomed.

  "Who's there? Show yourself!" Jeremy shouted, frightened. "I am your worst NIGHTMARE!" The voice boomed.

  "Nooooooooooooo!" Jeremy moaned.

  He pinched himself, wishing it was a mere dream, when he opened his eyes. He saw the same sight, the dark, mysterious place.

  "Who dares challenge me?" The voice boomed. "I dare."
Jeremy looked up, Danny was standing up slowly.

  "You?" he sounded amused, he burst out laughing. Jeremy couldn't tell. He couldn't even see the creature. In the blink of an eye, Danny was sent flying across the room, he hit Jeremy, his nose drew blood. Danny's eyes were closed.
 
  "Dan...n...y?" Jeremy stammered, eyes wide.
  "Run..." Danny replied. Jeremy immediately grabbed Danny, and his dad and ran for his life. "RUN! Run all you want, but you can't hide!", he did not heed the warning and continued running, a never ending realm of an undiscovered universe.

  His mind raced through, all the hard and soft memories. His mind flashed through the horror movie, the ghost killed by light. "Ahh! If movie ghosts were afraid of light, why aren't real ones?" He decided to test his luck, he took out his phone, a Sony Ericsson phone and shone it all over.

  "Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" A loud voice boomed, he recognized it, it was the monster's.

  As suddenly as they disappeared, they reappeared at the forest. So did thousands of people. Did I say thousands? Yes, thousands.

  It seemed they all got trapped too, but Jeremy destroyed the unknown realm, setting free all of the prisoners. He was glad, not proud and arrogant. Someone slapped his back, he turned around and looked at a familiar face.

  "Danny." he grinned.
  "Race you!" Danny said, laughing. Jeremy didn't mind playing a losing match, he found out, if you try so hard, you get what you try to achieve. They continued running, laughing at the same time.
© Copyright 2008 Passionate (jasonlam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1455288-Horror-Hiking