*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456672-Why-Do-I-Write
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1456672
It is my attempt to actually put in words what entices me to write
The assignment is why do write. I write for pleasure primarily, to see just what I might be able to create with my words. I have quite a colorful and checkered past and I believe that I have plenty to draw from well. I write to help me slow down my thoughts that race in my mind. It also helps me tell the difference of what is actually rational and what might be risky and unhealthily behavior. Writing for me allows me to be sensitive, childish, to be the hero and villain in one, to put on paper the things I may not be able to think about while talking to someone. I enjoying the written words that have so many different meanings and for me to use them in those different ways. To have my reader sit back and either use their own imagination to draw their conclusion, or create an image that is seen from a very different side then the norm. I am writing this without really thinking about what drives me to write. To me that is how passion writing begins to let the fingers fly across the keyboard and pick up the editing later on. 
© Copyright 2008 Spirit Flying Solo (ahokanson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1456672-Why-Do-I-Write