*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457626-Post-Marshal-prelude
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · War · #1457626
Prelude about a post "New Age Revolution" and survival.
    I hold my hand up signaling my spotter to stop fast at the edge of a doorway.  I pull my hand mirror out of my Combat suit to view into the doorway.  Two Tango’s standing guard next to the roof exit.  I carefully Lean the case of my sniper against the wall as to not make noise.  Pulling out my side arm holding it up at the ready I nod across the hallway to my companion.  With both lean quickly into the door way one shot each, fatal.  The New energy weapons developed recently make short work of a human head.  The bodies of the now headless men fall to the ground no blood, thanks to the high heat caused by our weapons. 
   
    I put my side arm away and sling my sniper bag back over my shoulder my spotter moves carefully to the door, using a fiber optic camera to peer under the door.  Spotter opens the door to the roof after putting away his camera and stalks around to the back of the entrance, “Roof clear” I hear said though the communicator.  I move out onto the roof quickly going to the north east corner to set up.  This is the only tall building for miles and normally being to high in a place void of buildings would make us a huge target, but we have a secret weapon.  In the days past when a sniper set up in an area they used deception or silence to hide where they are, now we have the ability to bend light.  Using the same technology that converts light into a high energy beam we can bend the light around our position, all this held in a small compact box.  This being the first thing I put up, now covered in a wave of energy if you looked at us from the outside close up you would notice it , but from down on the street you only see building and sky.

    I quickly assemble my rifle; this is not a pure energy weapon.  Nor is it a pure ballistic type, this is a rail gun the most power rifle to ever be.  It fires a ballistic bullet about the size of a 50 cal. But it fly’s at about mach 7 devastating anything in its path, and it won’t stop for about 5 miles if left unchecked.  Thankfully they are smart shots and I can program it to explode at point of impact or after so many feet or even the first biological hit.  With the explosive property and the speed and smart shot if you are targeted by my rifle, you have zero chance of survival.  My rifle fully setup , no longer using a sight as in the old days, now an LCD screen inside of a binocular like eye piece can show for miles, and has a trick up its sleeve it can show heat signatures for miles so I can shoot them though buildings.  Before I go on, and on about anything I might want to explain that I am not military, nor am I a gun for hire.  I am, we are peace keepers, since the world went to hell in a hand basket after one of Americas presidents claimed marshal law to stay in office.  Hell broke lose, since then Militia groups, Military, Police, average citizens started all battling each other.  We take out the local Militia groups controlling the regions, and put in place a real government, we are currently in no-where Nevada.  We will talk about this more at a later time for now let me show you how this is done.

    My spotter peers though his binoculars, with a rail gun I don’t need to know anything about weather, or distance all that is done electronically it is more for a second ok to fire, and to be sure we are shooting the correct person.  I aim down at the militant camp where the leader is giving a speech to the troops I aim at his chest, as head is a smaller target, and a shot with this gun will kill him anywhere.  “Tango, Tango, Matching target, green light go” my spotter lets me know that my current target is the correct one.  “Affirmative, Bravo two stand by for tango elimination.”  I open the chamber of my rifle a slight hum can be heard from the electronic super magnets inside, I put the slug into the rifle and close the chamber, taking off my safety.  The hum spins up as it charges to fire, I feel the rifle click into ready, and I slowly squeeze the trigger.  Time seems to stop in my viewer all I see now is a haze, of fire and blood, “Waiting for Tango down confirmation, spotter”.  Silence seems to last forever “Tango down Bravo One, confirmation uploading to base picture of confirmation sent, time and call. “  I remember to breathe….
© Copyright 2008 Unknown404 (unknown404 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457626-Post-Marshal-prelude