*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1458535-It-Was-in-the-Bag
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1458535
About ten sentences of journal about my wife's birthday
It Was in the Bag

For a few months I have been saving my change in an old Crown Royal bag. I had in mind to use the money for my wife’s birthday dinner. Gina wasn't privy to my plan so she couldn't figure out why I was having such a hard time handing over change from the drive-thru when I was with her in the car. She saves coins in an ashtray. A couple of times she had even wrenched the nickels and dimes from my hand. On so many occasions I wanted to tell her that her greed would ultimately deprive her of a nice dinner. As it turned out, when I took the booty to the bank to be counted, it totaled one hundred seven dollars and sixty-five cents, (But it could have been more) so she ended up with a dozen beautiful roses and a delectable dinner, as well as some “quality” time with me and my stuffy cold. We ended up having a big laugh about saving the change and the "Diamonds That Could Have Been". We did enjoy a quaint evening dining and window shopping on McMinnville's famous downtown 3rd Street. The street has grown to become the pride of McMinnville, and is on Oregon's "Must Visit" list. Anyway, another of her thirty-ninth birthdays will stay tucked away in our memory banks, and this journal. Happy Birthday Darling. Next year is in the bag….
© Copyright 2008 godspeed (fshs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1458535-It-Was-in-the-Bag