*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1459354-LOVE--LIVING-FOR-ETERNITY
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Religious · #1459354
Definition of what love is and the purpose of pursuing it.
So you wonder where to find a heart-racing, skin-crawling, soul-exploding embrace of love. First ask yourself what love means? Is it about intimacy, because you know where it can temporarily be received, but will it get you far? You've searched for it for a lifetime and never thought you would find it. Searching in the wrong places led you farther and farther away from it. You sought out meaning in the things of the world, but in the end you were letdown. You know where to find true love?
In someone that would die for you at any time.
In someone who always lifts you up regardless of what you may have negatively said or done to them.
In someone who always thinks you're beautiful despite your own feelings.
In someone who always wants to be by your side.
In someone who, despite your neglect, always reaches out to you through the good and bad times.
In someone who is absolutely perfect, with no flaws.
If you were to evaluate your life and those in it, there is no one that holds all these attributes, except for Jesus Christ.
Now delve into your deepest thought possible and reflect on how you came into existence, in my own perspective, you certainly did not come from bacteria or a monkey. The galaxy could not have erupted on its own and shaped together all that is in existence. Or what about the question of what happens after death, do you honestly believe that its the end of the rope? That there is nothing else, that your body just breaks down while in the grave and all that is left of you is your name on a tombstone? Don't be complacent, step out and search for what is true. God is truth, He is love. Whenever you need Him, He is always there, just call on His name. He wants to have a sincere relationship with you, but you keep turning away. You keep clinging to the things of this world, but don't you know they too will perish? Nothing lasts forever, only God is eternal and the eternal life He has promised us if we follow His commandments and believe that He died on the cross for our sins. Is it so hard to accept something that seems so natural. Times may get hard, but that is the story of life- it is full of sin (evil). Reflect on these things and realize that times are getting worse, the economy is crumbling, crime rates are increasing and there are so many lives being lost. Take a stand now, a stand that I guarantee you is promising.
© Copyright 2008 Love for Life (grandmaj15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1459354-LOVE--LIVING-FOR-ETERNITY