*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460441-Kikis-Dream
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1460441
A small dragon dreams of humans.
She opened her eyes and looked around her and yawned, and a tiny burst of flame shot out. She quickly snapped her mouth shut and looked around again, but couldn't see anyone else. She stood up and looked around, where was everyone? she thought to herself. She spread her wings and took off at a run and took flight and flew around looking for her mother, anyone. She soon became tired and landed in a field and then lay down to rest. A boy was walking through the field and had seen the creature land, at first he thought it was a bird but as he got closer he saw it was something else. He walked up to it, picked it up and carried it softly in his arms. Once home he placed it on his bed and watched it, and when he heard his mother walking around he tried to find a place to hide it.

Finally he was ready to get in bed, he let the creature lay beside him. He fell asleep with a smile on his face. Finally he had a friend. She opened her eyes and jumped, she looked at the thing holding her and then snuggled closer, she was content for now to stay here. The morning came and the boy woke up and noticed it was closer, and patted it lightly, and jumped as it lifted its head and looked at him. She looked at him with her clear blue eyes and then she thought I wonder what he is? The boy looked shocked and said "I'm human but what are you?" The dragon looked at the boy and then thought, I'm a dragon, the last of my kind it seems.. Kiki was slightly shocked that this human boy had read her mind. He looked at her "A dragon...? I didn't know that they were real." Well we are she thought, and then she stood up and expanded her wings and took flight around his room. The boy laughed and smiled, "What is your name?" he asked her. She landed and looked at him and thought, my name is Kiki. He looked at her "That's a nice and unusual name, Kiki.....Kiki....Kiki" Kiki slowly opened her eyes and looked up at her mother's face and said "Mum..?" All of what had happened had been a dream....
© Copyright 2008 Wintershea (wintershea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460441-Kikis-Dream