*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460923-Ranting
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Experience · #1460923
I am a grammar freak.
Why on earth does everyone write ANYWAYS? Doesn't everyone in the civilized world know that it's ANYWAY? This is only upsetting me because I mean, the world is getting more and more stupid/illiterate with each passing day. People don't write out the word correctly they just make an acronym out of it. OMG instead of Oh, my God. HS instead of Holy shit. BFF instead of best friends forever. Adding sz or just z to the end of wordz. I mean come on. Get with the program people. The lazy end up working twice as hard. It takes a little longer but it actually makes sense and looks nicer. Pretty soon it's going to turn into the official language. OMG cn u c hr lkng @ me? Do you have ANY idea what the fuck I just said there? OK, so your texting your friend on the phone and it's annoying to type out the whole word or you have a lot to say and it won't fit. Fine. Abbreviate away. You're on AIM and you don't want to type out a whole speech. Fine. But when you are writing a story and it looks like this: LiKe I WaS LiKe TeXtInG mY BfF aNd LiKe OmG ShE fRkEd OuT On Hm. SrY. LoL. You have issues. I'm not the greatest speller, and my grammar can use some help, I'm not a professional writer and I am in no way knocking anyone's creativity or saying that I am better in any way than anyone else. Quite the contrary. I ask for help and I welcome and critiques from any one. As long as they aren't harsh or cruel or knocking my writing. But can people please make a fucking effort to write like civilized human beings. Some of these stories and poems have potential to be great, but not when I can't understand a word you're saying! It makes me and I believe I speak for others, not want to read it. It's an eyesore and a mindfuck trying to figure out just exactly what you're saying.

Sorry for the language, and being mean. I just couldn't take it anymore. There. It's off my chest.
© Copyright 2008 Arielle (adryana777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460923-Ranting