*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461578-Beijing
Rated: E · Short Story · Sports · #1461578
A 12 year old gymnast enters into the 2008 Olympic Games.
She was afraid, but she called upon all her courage as she listened to her name being announced from the critical announcer. As she walks on to the blue mat that seemed a thousand miles long she looks out into the crowd and sees her sister sitting there praying for whatever is going to happen next. She has been waiting for this moment for almost her whole life. She walks over the white line and she hears the crowd growing silent. She gets in her formation and starts running and does her triple back flip tuck and sticks it like a piece of cake. The look on her face is priceless as the crowd goes wild. She gets back into her stance and does her Ariel with the extra back tuck. She puts a wide grin on her face and walks back to her trainer. She sits down she listens to the announcer as he goes on about how she is 12 years old and they made an exeption about letting her into the Olympic Games. As the judges tally up the scores she sits and waits patiently. He announces Amber Seelig in third and says this doesn't look right Nickki Smith in second. The 12 year old girl looks up with an astonished look on her face. The anoouncer announces that Kimberly Lee in first. Nickki looks dissapointed but just gets up and congradulates all the other the other gymnast. Nickki looks aroung sees that one of the judges gets up and goes over to the announcer. The announcer interrupted and says I'm sorry there has been a mistake Nickki takes first and Kimberly takes second. As Nickki lookes up she screams with rejoice her sister runs up and gives her sister a big hug and whispers in her ear mom and dad would have been very proud and I bet right there probably throwing a party up in heaven.
She starts crying and gets presented with the gold medal.


This wasn’t her last gold medal this was only the beginning!
© Copyright 2008 Destiny Hope (soccerfreak7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461578-Beijing