*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461787-This-Is-Love-Ch-1-14
by Megan
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1461787
chapters 1 through 14
My name is Selena, and I live in a tiny appartment in Wyckoff, New Jersey. I hate every minute of it, especially since i have to spend it with my 4 other brothers and sisters, who always seem to get all the attention. Don't get me wrong, my parents don't hate me, but they always seem to pay a lot more attention to my snobby little siblings. I am the oldest of five at the age of 18. I really really wanted to move out of this little appartment. But there was no way I could manage all of the payments of a house by myself. So that's when it hit me. I'd have my best friend Alexa move in with me! I decided to go find the perfect house before I told her though.

"MOM! DAD! I'm going out!"
"Ok, bye" her dad said.
"Wow, thanks for caring so much" I whispered under my breath.

I hopped into my car and put on my iPod. Jonas Brothers of course. I blasted Lovebug and started driving down the road, singing at the top of my lungs.

"Now I'm speechless, over the edge I'm just breathless, I never thought that I'd catch this lovebug again!"

And then I saw a sign for an open house. I took a breath, turned down the music a tiny bit and pulled my car into the neighborhood. The houses were huge! No lies. I kept driving, trying to find the house. Then I saw the open house sign, and let me tell you, the house was beautiful! It was perfect, white and had a little balcony, plus a place to sit on the roof! It was adorable, and I wanted it so badly! It seemed expensive, but I thought I'd go check it out anyways...

CHAPTER 2

SELENAS POV

I parked my car in the street, and walked up to the house. I rang the doorbell, and a women answered.

"Hello, how can I help you?" she asked
"Well, uh, i'd actually like to look into buying this house"
"Aren't you a little young?"
"Yeah, but I really need to get my own house and get away from everything for a little"
"Oh, alright. Come on in."

Joe's POV

"WHOA guys, did you just see the girl who walked into the house next door?" I said, almost yelling
"No Joe" Nick replied
"Well I wonder what she is doing there! She looked like she was my age, but I don't know why she'd be looking into buying a house.. well, I can only hope!"
"Wow Joe, why don't you just go over and see?" said Kevin
"NO WAY! That's so awkward!"
"Alright.." Kevin replied

I looked out the window, trying not to be obvious looking over at the house and all. It took a while, but then the girl finally came out. She shook hands with Mrs. Smith, the owner of the house, and walked to her car with a huge smile on her face. She turned on the car, and I heard the end of Lovebug blasting from the car and she drove away singing. So she's a fan. Even better if she moves in!

"Guys, I'm gonna go talk to Mrs. Smith for a second" i said
"Why, gonna see if the mystery girl bought the house?" Nick said
"No!"

I got one of those I-know-you-better-than-that looks from both Kevin and Nick, so I fessed up.

"Ok yes, but it doesn't matter!"
"Mhm" they said in unison.

I walked outside and up the walkway to Mrs. Smith's house. I rang the doorbell and she came to the door.

"Why hello Joseph! What are you doing over here?" she asked
"Oh, well I um, just wanted to know if that girl who came over here a minute ago-"
"Bought the house?"
"Yeah! How'd you know?!" I asked
"I've known you too long Joseph."
"Right. Well did she?!"
"Yes" she replied

Inside, I felt like screaming with excitement. The girl was so cute! I was so excited for her to move in!

"She's moving in tomorrow hopefully"
"How'd you know I was gonna - nevermind"
"Good choice Joseph."

We talked for a little bit longer [AN: haha get it? i make myself laugh] and then I walked back home with a huge smile on my face. Nick and Kevin knew she bought the house just by my face

CHAPTER 3

Selena's POV

I was so excited when Mrs. Smith told me I could buy the house! And she even made it less expensive for me! I blasted some more JB music, and before I drove off, I texted Alexa.

*Hey Lex, i'm coming over k? Big news!*
*Kk! See you soon!*

I put my phone away, and started driving, and saw a really cute, yet familiar boy looking at me. But I went by too fast to see who it was. Oh well. I drove to Alexa's house, blasting jonas the whole way. She could hear me coming, and opened the door.

"SO!? What's the big news?!" she yelled into my ear
"Ok ow! And let's go inside first"

We walked inside and up to her room. We were sitting on her bed.

"Ok. Well. I decided it's finally time for me to move out of my appartment. It's way too crammed and I don't feel wanted there anyways.."
"WHAT?! That's insane!" she yelled, again, in my ear
"Ok, again, ow! But I really need to get out of that house. You know? My dad beats me sometimes, seriously I need to get out."
"Yeah, I know babe. And I meant insane as in awesome!"
"Yeah, it's this gorgeous house! And well..I..Uh.."
"Spit it out Selena!"
"Well, I was kinda wondering.. If you would move in with me.."
"WHATTT?!?"
"Ok, ok I get it. You don't want to.." I said very disappointed
"No! I want to! That would be amazing! What would be better than sharing a house with my best friend!? NOTHING! But I dont know if my parents would let me!"
"Well let's ask them! I think they'll understand..."

We went downstairs to ask her parents if she could move in with me. It took a little, ok a lot, of convincing, but we finally got them to say yes! We screamed and ran upstairs to pack all of her stuff. We had a lot to do before tomorrow! We packed all of her stuff up, and then we drove to my house to get all of mine. We walked up to my appartment, and opened the door.

"I'm home! With Lex! Where are you guys?" I yelled
"We're in the kitchen" my mom replied.

I walked over to the kitchen with Alexa.

"Ok, I have something to tell you.."
"Alright shoot"
"Well... I'm moving out!"
"Uh.. ok? why?"
"WHY?! Because I can't stand it in this house anymore! You guys never pay any attention to me! I know you love me, but all you seem to care about is all of my siblings! And I just can't take it anymore ok?! So Lex and I are moving into our own house. And don't try to stop me"
"Ok.. go for it" my dad said.
"SEE! There you go again! With the not caring! The least you could do is pretend you don't want me to leave! God, you are such horrible parents!"
"Selena -" my mom started to say
"NO! JUST STOP NOW! I"M GOING TO PACK MY THINGS AND STAY WITH ALEXA TONIGHT. GOODBYE!"

I ran up the stairs with tears streaming down my face. Alexa was close behind. We ran into my room and I collapsed onto the bed. I was full blown crying by now. Alexa sa down next to me and comforted me.

"Sel, it's ok. Don't cry. They are just trying to give you what you want."
"No! They don't care about me! No one does!" I screamed
"That's not true! You know I love you! And I always will! You are my best friend Selena! If I didn't love you, would I be moving into a house with you?"
"Well.. no.. and I love you too Alexa. You are such an amazing friend."
"I know" she smirked

I laughed. She always knew how to cheer me up. We packed up all my stuff, which was only a few boxes, and brought them downstairs to my car. I came up to get the last box, and yelled a last goodbye to my parents.

"Goodbye parents. If I can even call you that. I'm going to Alexa's if you even care. And we will be moving into our new house tomorrow. Goodbye."

I heard no response, so I ran out to the car and Alexa, once again crying.

"What's wrong love?"
"They didn't even say goodbye!"
"Aw love, it's ok. Let's just go to my house ok?"
"Yeah, let's go. Turn up the volume!"

We cranked the music, still the Jonas Brothers. She is just as in love as I am. We drove to her house belting out lyrics and cracking up at each other the whole time. We could not wait until tomorrow.

CHAPTER 4

SELENAS POV

Alexa and I woke up in the morning. It was the big day. We were so pumped! We sprinted down the stairs to her kitchen, and her mom had breakfast cooking for us.

"Thanks Mrs. Mills!" I said to her, taking my plate of food
"Don't worry about it, you are like my second daughter. You know I'd do anything for you!" she said
"That makes one mother" I whispered under my breath, but Lex heard me and gave me a shh-be-quiet-she-doesnt-know look.

We ate our food, and the moving van came. The Mills helped us load all of our stuff into the truck, including some furniture they were giving us. We also went to my house to get my bed and such. I didn't go inside though, Alexa showed them where to go. I couldn't go back in there. Once we had everything, Lex and I turned up That's Just The Way We Roll and showed the truck to the house.

Joe's POV

I was sitting in the living room when i heard a familiar song playing, getting louder by the second. It must be the mystery girl moving in next door! I jumped up and went to the window, trying to look casual.

"Joseph Adam Jonas what are you doing?"
"Nothing Mama! Just looking outside!"
"Oh.. look! New neighbors! You should help them unpack!"
"Mooommm!" I whined. Secretly I wanted to help.
"Fine, but you will have to go greet them once they are done putting boxes inside and help move furniture, ok?"
"Fineeee" i said.

YES! I could finally go talk to her! I looked back out the window, and I saw her get out of the car, but there was another girl with her. Whoa, two new neighbors? Awesome! I grabbed the trash [which didn't need to go out] and brought it outside so I could casually go up to them.

CHAPTER 5

Selena's POV

We started bringing boxes towards the house, when I noticed the boy who was staring at me come out of his house. Apparently we were going to be new neighbors. I looked over at him, and then I realized something. THAT WAS JOE JONAS, FROM THE JONAS BROTHERS. My favorite band, and all time crush, and he was living NEXT TO ME! I ran over to Alexa.

"Alexaaaaaa!" I almost yelled
"What?!?"
"Ok, don't seem too obvious, but look at the boy next door"
She looked over and then started to scream "IS THAT -"
I cut her off. "SHH! He'll hear you! And yes, it's Joe Jonas!"
"OH MY GOD I cannot believe that our neighbors are the Jonas Brothers! This is insane! THANK YOU for making me move with you! OH MY GOD, HE'S COMING OVER! GO SEL!"

I looked over, and sure enough, Joe Jonas was coming over to me. I was so nervous, I had never met them and I was in love with Joe.

"Hi." he said. "I'm-"
"Joe Jonas!" I finished
"Yeah!"
"Sorry," I laughed. "I'm kinda a big fan"
"Yeah, I could tell when I heard my songs blasting from your car yesterday when you came up"
"Oh.. yeah.. So I'm Selena Gomez" [AN: not the real Selena, just has the same name]
"Hey. So uh, do you need help moving the furniture?"
"Uh -"
"YES!" Alexa chimed in.
I burst out laughing. "Joe, this is my best friend. Alexa Mills. She's moving in with me. She is also a huge Jonas Brothers fan."
"Nice to meet you Alexa" he said
"Y-you t-too" she said, kind of stunned. I smacked her.
Joe laughed. "Don't worry about that, I get that reaction a lot"
"Right, since you are part of the best band ever. A Little Bit Longer is an amazing album!"
"Thanks!"
"Lex! Selena! Come help move this stuff!" Mr. Mills yelled
"Ok, coming!" Alexa yelled, and ran off
I looked over at Joe and then at them.
"I'm here to help" he said with a smile
"Thank you so much"

We walked over to Alexa's parents, I introduced them to Joe, though they didn't really need it because they knew who it was from all of our previous freaking out. We all unpacked everything out of the moving van, and Alexa and I said our goodbyes to our parents. Everyone left, so it was just me, Lex and Joe.

"Thank you so much Joe for helping us today. It means the world to me" I said
"Especially since she has a cr-" I slapped my hand over Alexa's mouth, she almost revealed to Joe that i had a crush on him!
"What?" he asked
"Oh, nothing" I replied
"Mhm.." he said. I knew he didn't believe me. "Well, I have to go eat dinner, but I'll see you guys tomorrow maybe?"
"Yeah, I'd like that" I said
"Me too" he said, and looked me in the eyes. For what felt like forever, we were just looking into each others eyes. His eyes were beautiful, I could look at them forever, but then I heard Alexa make a noise, so I jumped out of my trance.
"Bye Joe" Lex said, and shook his hand
"Bye Alexa. Bye Selena" he said. I put out my hand to shake his, but he pulled me in and gave me a hug. I almost died at that moment.

After we hugged, we ran inside, and as soon as I slammed the door, I screamed as loud as I could, and Alexa joined in.

CHAPTER 6

Joe's POV

I was walking back to my house, and I heard screaming coming from inside Selena's house. I laughed to myself, knowing that they were excited that I was their neighbors. I had to bring Kevin and Nick over tomorrow so they could meet the girls. I knew that would make Selena happy to meet my brothers too, since her and Alexa are big fans. I walked in and told my brothers that they were gonna go meet Selena and Alexa tomorrow, but told them nothing else. They we're gonna get anything out of me, yet. I picked up my guitar in my room and started writing.

*She's got a smile, that i'd die for...*

-the next morning-

Selena's POV

I woke up, thinking that everything that had happened was just another Jonas dream. Then I looked around. I saw my new room. I realized it actually happened. I screamed.

Alexa came running in. "WHAT?! WHAT'S WRONG?!"
I laughed at her. "Nothing, i just realized that we MET JOE JONAS yesterday, and that he is our NEIGHBOR!"

We looked at each other. Then... "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" in unison.

"This is amazing! I hope we can meet Nick and Kevin! Nick is so cute! And kinda close to my age.." [AN: Alexa is 16, turning 17 in about 7 months]
"YES! OH MY JONAS how amazing would it be if we dated them!?"
"AMAZINGLY AMAZING!" she yelled.
"Let's get dressed Lex. Who knows if Joe will come over!"

Lex stayed right there. She knew that I was gonna want her help picking out something.

"You know me too well" I smiled
"Yes. Ok, let's see.."

We looked through stuff, and then found the perfect outfit. It was a light purple dress, but not a fancy one, one of those everyday dresses. I didn't want to look too dressed up. I threw on a pair of my black high top converse, just to throw in a little spice. I put up a little bit of my hair, and walked out of the bathroom.

"Wow Sel, you look amazing!"
"Really? You think Joe will like it? It's not too fancy, right?"
"Yeah, he'll love it! It's not to fancy, I mean look at your shoes!"
"Hey! These are awesome!"
"I know! I love them! I mean, why else would I have like 10 pairs?!"
"True. We have so many converse." I laughed.

We went into Alexa's room, and picked out a cute outfit for her to wear too. Pretty much as soon as we finished, the doorbell rang. We looked at each other and tried not to scream. Then ran down the stairs.

I pulled open the door "Hey Joe!"
"Hey. You look great!" he said, and gave me a hug.
I knew Alexa was giving me that I-told-you-so look, but i was hugging Joe Jonas. I pulled away, and noticed Nick and Kevin behind him.
"AH!" I yelled. "Nick! Kevin! OH MY GOD!" I ran over to them and gave them hugs.
"Hey! Joe tells us you are a fan" Nick said
"Just a little.." I laughed. Then I remembered Lex. "Oh, this is my best friend Alexa. She's 16" I said, grabbing her.
"H-hi" she said
"Hey Alexa" Nick said. I swear she was going to faint.
"She's a big fan too" I added
"That's awesome!" Kevin said

CHAPTER SEVEN

Still Selenas POV

"So uh, do you guys wanna do something today? Joe asked, staring directly in my eyes. I almost melted
"Of course!" Alexa answered eagerly
"Yeah, definitely" I said, still staring into Joe's eyes
"Do you guys wanna go to the park and have lunch?" Nick suggested
"Yeah, that'd be cool" Lex and I said at the same time
"Whoa, that was weird" Kevin said
"Get used to it, Lex and I do that all the time" I laughed

We walked to the park, and I swear the whole time Joe kept looking at my hand as if he wanted to hold it. Or maybe I'm just making that up because I want it to be true. Who knows. When we got to the park, we saw this really cute picnic blanket set up with lunch food.

"Aw guys! This is adorable!" I said, once again looking directly at Joe
"Thanks" he smiled. Again with the almost melting.
"Oh! Hold on! Sel, come here for a second" Lex yelled, and pulled me to the side
"What?!" I asked
"I feel bad, Kev doesn't have anyone his age! Should I call Marissa? [AN: Alexa's older sister, she's Kevins age]
"Yes! OMJ do it!"
"Ok, hold on."

Alexa took out her cell phone and called Marissa. She couldn't believe that Alexa and I were with the Jonas Brothers and took this long to call her. She's also a huge fan. She said she'd be down here in a flash.

"Well that went well" Lex smiled

We walked back over to the boys and they had puzzled looks on their faces.

"What was that about?" Nick asked
"Oh, I was just calling my older sister and asking if she wanted to hang out with us. She loves you guys" she said, staring at Kevin the whole time so he'd get the point
"Ok! Sounds great!" Kevin said with enthusiasm

A few minutes later, Alexa and I saw Marissa walking down the street. We ran up to her and hugged her, secretly spazzed a little, and then walked back over to the boys.

"Kevin, Nick, Joe, this is my sister Marissa" Alexa said

KEVINS POV

WOW. Alexa's sister was beautiful. She was just standing there, with her gorgeous brown hair blowing in what little breeze we had that day. Her eyes were blue, and they were so pretty. I was very excited they called her.

"Hey Marissa, why don't you go sit by Kevin?" Selena suggested
"Ok!" Marissa said excitedly

She say down next to me, and we all started talking and eating, just not at the same time.

CHAPTER 8

SELENAS POV

"So uh Selena, I've been meaning to ask you, how come you moved into a house with just Alexa? I mean, where are your parents?" Joe asked
"Um, well, can I tell you about it later Joe? In private? I don't really want to talk about it now" I replied, trying not to cry. I think he could tell.
"Of course, forget I brought it up for now"
"Can do. So, how is it being the most famous and adorable boys in the world?" I said
"Not to mention the most talented!" Marissa chimed in
"Why thank you" Kevin said, smiling at Marissa
"Well, it's pretty sweet. We get to do what we love every single day. It's amazing to walk onto that stage and see all of our amazing fans out there cheering us on" Nick said
"Yeah, I can imagine. I'd love to be able to do that some day. I just lack one thing. Talent" I said back
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SEL?!" Lex and Marissa said in unison
"What?" I questioned
"Selena, as your best friend, you know I can - and will be - completely honest with you. And when you just said you lacked talent, I had to disagree" Alexa said
"Yeah Sel, you are amazingly talented! Your voice is insane and you play guitar so so so well!" Marissa added
"Oh, so you're a singer?" Joe asked, intrigued
"Well, yeah. I write my own stuff but rarely perform. I don't think I'm that good."
"Well, let's just see!" Kevin said
"Ok, if you insist..." I said. I took a deep breath, and began to sing...

*Now I'm speechless, over the edge I'm just breathless, I never thought that I'd catch this, lovebug again. Hopeless, I'm head over heels in the moment, I never thought that I'd get bit, by this lovebug again*

I stopped because I heard everyone go completely silent. I looked around, and their jaws were pretty much on the floor. All except Alexa and Marissa.

"See, we told you she was good" Alexa said
"W-wow." Nick stuttered.
"That was absolutely incredible. I can't believe you don't think you were good! Clearly it left Joe speechless" Kevin added

I looked over at Joe, and I saw that he was still just staring at me, completely blown away.

"Say something!" I said to him
"T-that w-was amazing" he managed to get out. After a few more seconds, he said "Seriously Selena, you have talent. We need to bring you into the studio sometime. We can do a duet." he smiled
"Yeah, and I can't wait to hear you play guitar!" Kevin said
"Well thanks guys! I'd love to play for you sometime, and Joe," I looked at him, "I'd love to sing a duet with you"
"Great" he said. A permanent smile was plastered on his face.

We spent the rest of the day talking and just goofing around in the park. It got late, so the boys walked us home. When we got to the door, I asked Marissa if she'd just like to stay the night

"Yeah, of course I'd love to! You know you are like my sister, and best friend. You two Lex" she replied
"Well yeah, I am you sister!"

Everyone laughed, including the boys, who were still with us at the door. We said our goodbyes, and hugged everyone. I hugged Joe last, and it lasted for a while. Nick and Kevin has already left. As Lex, Marissa and I were about to walk inside, Joe pulled me back.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked.
"Yeah. Hey guys, I'm gonna talk to Joe. Be inside soon"
"K." they both replied in unison, and walked inside, closing the door.

He walked me over to the swing hanging from the big oak tree in his yard and sat me down.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked

CHAPTER 9

SELENAS POV

"Well, I wanted to talk about what happened earlier, when I asked you about your family. You looked upset." Joe said
"Well, yeah. My family and I don't have a great history"
"Please, tell me about it. I'm here to listen. You can tell me anything" he said.

And I felt like I could. So I told him. Everything. I told him about how ever since I was born, my parents treated me like shit. They never cared if I got hurt playing a game, or if I was having school problems, anything like that. I told him about how all they care about are my other siblings, and not me. And I don't know why. I told him about the few times I made my father extremely angry, and he hit me. By the time I was finished, I was sobbing.

"Oh my God Selena. I'm so sorry" he said, and pulled me down from the swing into his arms. I cried even harder into his shirt. He didn't care.
"I-it's just s-so h-hard, t-to live y-your whole l-life with n-no one caring f-for you" I managed to spit out
"That's not true. You have plenty of people who care for you. You have Alexa, Marissa, their parents, all of your other friends, Nick and Kevin, and, and you have me" he said
"Y-you care about m-me?" I asked
"Of course I do Selena. Ever since I met you yesterday, I cared for you. I don't know what it was about you, but I knew there was something special. And today, all the time I spent with you, I started liking and caring for you even more"
"You l-like me?" I said, pulling my head off of his chest to look up at him.
There was a moment of silence. "Yes, I do like you. And I know it's only been like a day but-"
I cut him off. "You don't have to explain yourself. I like you too. Ever since I heard you sing. And once I met you, I liked you even more" I said with a smile
"It's nice to see you smile again"

After that, I just couldn't get the smile off of my face. He sat me up, looked at me, and then, to my disbelief, my biggest dream came true. Joseph Adam Jonas kissed me. It was amazing.

He pulled away and said "Selena, will you be my girlfriend?"
"Of course! I've always dreamed of that moment, but it doesn't even compare to this. This is so much better"

He laughed, then kissed me again. I could tell he was happy, and I was happy too. I mean come on, my dream guy just asked me out! And kissed me! I was in La-la land. No, I wasn't in any dream land this time. It was real. He walked me back to the door, kissed me and said goodnight, then walked home. I watched him walk home, just to make sure nothing happened, then opened the door, closed it and leaned against it, and I had a huge smile on my face. Then I heard a noise, and looked up.

CHAPTER 10

Selenas POV

I looked up, and saw Alexa and Marissa staring back at me.

"What?" I asked
"Soooooooooooooo what happened with Joe outside!" Alexa basically screamed
"Yeah! Spill Sel!" Marissa added
"Ok, well first he brought me over to the swing outside their house and sat me down on it. He asked me if I wanted to talk about my family since earlier when he asked I got all upset and tense. He told me I could tell him anything. And I really feel like I can. So I told him. All of it. By the end I was crying so hard I could barely speak. He pulled me down from the swing into his arms -"
"AWWWWW!" Alexa and Marissa said, once again in unison.
"Shh! It gets better! So I was crying and talking about how hard it is to live in a world where no one cares about me, and he was like 'that's not true you have Alexa and Marissa and their parents, Kevin and Nick, and I care about you.' So I asked him if he really did and he was like 'yes I do. Ever since I met you yesterday there was something about you. And today, with every moment I spent with you I started liking you even more".'

And then came another 'AWWWWWWWW'

"Guys! I'm not done! So I asked him if he really liked me and he told me that he did and he knew it's only been a day. But I cut him off to tell him I liked him too. Then he sat me up, looked me in the eyes, and you will never believe it, he KISSED ME!"
"AHHH OH MY JONAS!" Lex screamed
"THAT IS AMAZING! LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE!" said Marissa
"TELL ME ABOUT IT!" I yelled. "But hold on, a tiny bit more. He asked me to be his girlfriend!"

And then, all three of us screamed at the top of our lungs. They were so excited for me, and I was excited too! We continued to talk for a little while, and I was bombarded with questions like 'is he a good kisser' and 'how long did you kiss' and blah blah blah. Then I finally got them to shut up, and we went to bed. I was so tired from that day. I went to sleep with a huge smile on my face, buying this house was turning out to be the best thing that ever happened to me.

CHAPTER 11

Joes POV

Last night was the best night ever. When I came inside, Nick and Kevin were looking at me like they wanted me to tell them what happened. I decided this morning after we ate to tell them.

"Hey Kevin, Nick, come here for a minute"

They both walked into the living room and sat down on the couch

"So I decided that I could tell you about last night"
"Thank you" Nick said
"Finally Joe" Kevin added
"Well, I brought her to the swing on the oak tree and we talked for a little bit, about her family. And she started crying - long story - and so I gave her a really big hug. And she started saying how no one cares for her and so I told her that I do. She didn't believe me at first until I told her I liked her. She told me she's liked me ever since she heard me sing. So I kissed her. And asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes!"
"Way to go Joe. Congrats" Kevin said
"Yeah, you must be so pysched" said Nick
"Yeah, I mean I really, really, like her. I don't know what it is but from the moment I saw her I knew I liked her"
"What's this? You like someone Joseph? Who?" My mom had come in at the end of the conversation.
"The new girl who just moved in, Selena. I asked her to be my girlfriend last night"
"Well, I'm happy for you!" my mom said
"Thanks mommy"

We talked for a little bit longer [AN; and I'll be fineeeee. sorry, random singing. had to.] and then Nick, Kevin and I went upstairs to change. We were going to see the girls again. We had another day off so we decided we should go to the amusement park. I couldn't wait.

Selena's POV

I woke up this morning, still smiling. I still couldn't believe that Joseph Adam Jonas, my crush for like 3 years, just asked me out last night. I got up and walked downstairs, and Lex and Marissa were already up, making breakfast.

"Hello sweetie" Marissa said. "I made pancakes"
"Thanks! You guys are awesome. I love you guys" I said
"And we love you" Lex said
"Don't ever forget that" Marissa added
"I won't. Ok, so do you think the guys will-" I was cut off my phone. I got a text. It was from Joe! [AN: they all gave each other their numbers at the park]


*Hey sweetheart. Do you and the girls wanna go to the amusment park nearby today?*
*Of course! We'd love to! We'll be ready in like an hour, ok?*
*Yup. No problem. See you then*
*Bye*

Marissa and Alexa looked at me. They could tell from the smile on my face Joe texted me.

"Sooo what'd he say?" Alexa asked
"He asked if we all wanted to go to the amusement park today"
"And you said yes, right?!?" Marissa almost screamed.
I laughed. "Of course. Let's go get ready"
"I don't have any clothes.." Marissa remembered.
"You can borrow mine. We are like the same size"

We all went upstairs and got ready, and in about an hour the boys arrived at our house. We all got in a car they had waiting for us and went to the amusement park a little down the road.

"Come on Joe! Let's go on that one!" I yelled, and pointed at the biggest roller coaster there
"I don't know..."
"Don't worry, I'll protect you" I said, flexing what muscle I had trying to act all tough. He laughed, and my heart skipped a beat.
"If you insist" he said and smiled. He grabbed my hand and we ran to get in line.

CHAPTER 12

NICKS POV

Joe and Selena ran away to go on some roller coaster, so it was just me, Alexa, Marissa and Kevin. I really thought Alexa was cute, so I decided I'd try to get to know her better. Alone.

"Hey Alexa," I said. "Do you wanna go on that ride over there with me?" I asked, pointing to a rollercoaster
"Yeah, I'd love that" she said with a smile.

We took off towards the rollercoaster. There was a pretty big line, so we waited and I thought I'd get to know her a little bit.

"So, tell me about yourself" I said
"Ok. Well, I've lived in Wyckoff my whole life. Selena has been my best friend since like pre-school. My family is like her family. She's always been there for me, and I've always been there for her. Even with the rough times with her fam- oh, nevermind. Ignore that"
"What? Why?" I said, confused
"Well, it's just that it's Selena's choice to share with you. But I bet she will soon, I mean you are the family of her boyfriend and longtime crush!"
I laughed. "Ok. So tell me more about you"
"Alright. Well, uh my favorite color is red, and I love music. I've always wanted to learn the guitar, but Selena has never gotten around to teaching me"
"Oh, well I can help you with that. I'll teach you."
"Really?!" She asked, very enthusiasticly
"Yeah, if you want"
"I'd love that" she said and smiled widely.

We got on the rollercoaster, and she looked kinda scared.

"Are you scared?" I asked
"A little. I've always been a little afraid of rollercoasters"
I grabbed her hand. "Does that help?"
She smiled and blushed. "A lot"

CHAPTER 13

MELISSAS POV

Nick and Alexa had gone off on their own, which made me happy because I got to spend time alone with Kevin. He was really cute.

"So do you want to go on any rides?" he asked
"Well, I don't wanna be a party pooper, but I am terrified of rollercoasters..." I said, looking towards the ground
"Oh it's fine! We can just go and get something to eat and talk"
"Yeah, I'd like that"

We went and got some food from one of the little food stand things, and sat down at a table.

"So tell me about yourself" he said
"Well, I'm 20 years old, and I'm turning 21 on August 15th, the same day as Joe. I think it's so cool that I have the same birthday as him" I laughed
"Yeah, that's awesome! We can celebrate your birthday's together!" Kevin smiled. I melted inside, and tried to keep from sliding down my seat.
"Yeah! So, uh, my favorite color is yellow, I love to dance, I've been taking classes since I was like 6."
"That's awesome!"
"Yeah, I really love it. I've always wanted to be a dancer in a video or something, but so far it's never happened."
"Well, our next video, I'm going to make SURE you are in it" he said
"REALLY?! OH MY GOSH YOU'D DO THAT FOR ME!??!" I said, super excited
"Of course! I bet you are a great dancer, and I mean, having a cute girl dancing in our video would be awesome" he smiled
"Aww. You should have Selena be in it too. She's been dancing forever too. Alexa hasn't been dancing as long, well not nearly as long, only a few years, but she's still pretty good"
"Yeah that'd be so cool. And I'm sure the guys would be fine with it"
"Especially Joe. Him and Selena are so cute together. You have no idea how long she has liked him. Ever since 'It's About Time' she's loved is voice. We were just never fortunate to meet you guys"
"Well, it looks like your luck changed, I mean you guys live next to us!"
"Well, I don't.. But I was thinking of asking them if I could move in-"
"YES! Do it that would be awesome!" Kevin basically yelled. I guess he really wanted me too. Maybe he likes me.....

CHAPTER 14

SELENAS POV

We spent a lot of the day at the park. Joe and I spent every moment together. And with every moment, I was beginning to fall for him even more. After a while, we all met up and decided to go out for some ice cream. We got to the ice cream place and got our ice cream and sat down. [AN: wow run-on sentence muchhh?!?!]

We were talking for a while and I felt Joe lean over a little and grab my hand. Sparks flew through-out my body. I moved my chair a little closer to his, and he put his arm around me. Again with the sparks. I loved it.

[i dont feel like writing anymore of this right now.. so TO BE CONTINUEDDDDDD]
© Copyright 2008 Megan (pleasebex3mine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461787-This-Is-Love-Ch-1-14