*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462006-Make-Me-Care
by Silver
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1462006
We all laugh to hide what we truly feel.
I scoffed, and fell over laughing. My sides hurt just thinking about what he had just said. And who wouldn't have? Everyone laughs to hide what they really feel.

He repeated what he had just said, and I laughed myself into a hysteria. When I stopped, I saw that he had tears in his eyes. What I really wanted to do right then was run to him and give him a hug, and tell him that I was sorry. That I didn't mean it. But half of me did mean it, and wanted to see him hurt.

'Maybe that'll teach him to ask a girl like me out.' I thought solemnly. The peevish smirk, and the evil I'm-so-better-than-you look filled his vision. He turned and stormed away. My heart broke in two, and tears began to well in my eyes. 'How could I be so cruel?'

What if I truly did like him? But only as a friend? I sighed and blinked the tears away, and fixed a pasted smile on my face. I had blown my chances with ever staying his friend.

My friends around me told me how sorry they were for me, how bad it must feel to have a loser like that liking you, they would say. For they didn't know. But it was I who was truly sorry.
© Copyright 2008 Silver (fingertone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462006-Make-Me-Care