*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462377-A-Band
Rated: ASR · Other · Entertainment · #1462377
This is an intro I use when I roleplay but am thinking of using it to start a story!
A bored seventeen year old boy lay on the lumpy hard bunk, not being able to sleep because of the bumpy road the tour bus was traveling on.  He heard his phone ringing and sat up hitting his head on the bottom of the bunk above him, being 6’4 did have its disadvantages!  He rubbed his head at the point of impact,” Ouch” he said then remembered he was supposed to be answering the phone. He rummaged threw his bags but couldn’t find it then he went to the bathroom where he found it ‘How’d that get there?” he asked himself before picking up the phone.  “Hello!” he said questionably, he had forgotten to look at the number. 
“Robert Blaze Collins why haven’t you called me at all this week? Do I need to come down there and get you?” his mom screeched on the other end.He winced at the use of his first name he hated that name and no one was allowed to use it but his mom, everyone else called him Robby, “I am fine”.  “Yeah you’re fine,” his mom said unconvinced “Have you been brushing your hair and teeth?” she asked. He glanced at the mirror and ran his fingers through his curly brown hair that was cut above his eyes; he flashed a smile in the mirror. “Yep mom everything’s good!” he tried to convince her, this was very annoying. 
“Have you been eating enough how much do you weigh?”
“Same as last week mom, 130, I told you I can take care of myself”
“Don’t give me that tone young man!”
“Yes Mama”
“Have you been wearing your contacts?”
Robby glanced at the big bright green eyes staring back at him from the mirror “Yep, their in now” he lied, anything to get off the phone with her he was getting mad not that it took much to make him mad. He argued with his mom and got mad at her often but he was very protective of her and everything else. “Have you been washing your clothes?” his mom asked, was she ever going to stop this interrogation? He looked at the wrinkled green polo and brown shorts; he had been wearing them last night and had been so tired he hadn’t bothered to change before passing out on his bunk.” Yes” he groaned quickly tiring of this and before she could ask him another question he said “I have to go I love you Mom, talk to you later!”
With that he clicked off the phone and went in search of his brown flip flops he didn’t feel ready for the day until he was wearing shoes. He wished there was a soccer game on but there wouldn’t be one on this early, he loved soccer, with out soccer, music, his drums or girls, was absolutely bored to death.  He went and sat down on his bunk being careful not to bump his head again.  He got out his drum sticks and began loudly beating on the metal bed frame. “I am bored” he grumbled loud enough for everyone to hear!
© Copyright 2008 Beany baby (beans1412368 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462377-A-Band