*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462641-How-To-Stop-Smoking-Diary
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Activity · #1462641
For an older woman, quitting smoking can be a miracle.



*Idea*TIP: Don't crave that first cigarette in the morning. Go into the kitchen and have a cup of tea. Don't go up and downstairs to find any during the day
THROW OUT YOUR LIGHTERS AND ALL OF YOUR CIGARETTES.

*Note1*a) I put my plastic cube table by my porch glider on my front porch and played solitaire when I went out there with a cola.

*Note2*b) I took a book out on the porch this summer and came in if I wasn't reading it.

*Note3*c) I bought plastic straws and kept them handy to relieve the anxiety of puffing on a cigarette and chewed on them every so often.

*Note4*d) I bought tootsie pops.

*Note5*e) I kept my phone handy especially on my front porch.

*Note1*f) I had my phone wish-list with five favorite friends to talk about my non-smoking goal to quit.

*Note2*g) I got a prescription for the Nicotine Patchs and placed the first one on early at 8:30 A.M. Then took it off at 24 hours later until I had used them all.

*Note3*h) Gum was also an exceptional help.

*Note4*i) I took 10:15 A.M. walks to the Stop Sign at the end of our lane.

*Note5*j)I said my prayers.

*Note1*k)I got two books from the library every two weeks.

*Note2*l) I used my treadmill and exercise bike in my basement so as not to get anxious when feeling bored.

*Note3*m) Used good, tasty meals that are satisfying. Kept granola bars on hand.

*Note4*n) I got in touch with the American Cancer Society to see if they knew anything about quitting and they offered me an online specialist. I spent a month on the line with one of their specialist with weekly appointments. They said they will call me back in six months to see how I am doing.

*Note5*o) I visited www.cancer.org even though I have no cancer, the site still has help for serious quitters undergoing kicking the habit.

*Note1* p) I thought of how good I would feel when I quit and how much better my friends would think of me.

*Note2*q) I carefully thought of writing out a new novel.

*Note3*r) I reviewed more often here at www.writng.com

*Note4*s) I started to breathe better.

*Note5*t) I saved money immediately after quitting and put it to good use.

*Note1*u)I listened to a CD recorder to pacify my thoughts.

*Note2*v) I watched favorite TV shows without thinking of cigarette breaks and had either tea or instantcappucino.*Exclaim*

TIP: YOU WILL FEEL GREAT WHEN YOU WANT TO COMPLETELY QUIT SMOKE. DON'T GO BACK TO IT. ADMIT IT IS A GREAT MIRACLE TO QUIT. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. *Thumbsup*
© Copyright 2008 VictoriaMcCullough (secretvick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462641-How-To-Stop-Smoking-Diary