*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/1462733-Part-3--The-End-We-Sea
Rated: E · Folder · Spiritual · #1462733
Will staying in the river lead to the endless sea? Even with life's cyclical nature?
Awareness is more about "returning" than it is about "staying," and thus in the final chapter of Bottle in the River, we find the cyclical nature of everything.

In those rare moments where we've reached a spiritual goal . . . maybe we think we achieved "concentration," or Samadhi, or Nirvana, or Enlightenment, or Balance, or "peace of mind" . . . we can end up right back where we started. After a few cycles, we then realize it's about the journey to the dream, not the dream itself. It's about returning, not staying.
PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> Bottle in the River -> Part 3: The End: We Sea!
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1469930
    The Poet recognizes that impermanence is here to help us back into the flow.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1471442
    Uncertainty connects us. From "Bottle in the River."
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1469932
    The Poet finds himself floating in a pool of fear, stagnating with the rest of culture.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1469915
    The Poet reaches into the river and pulls out, from the stream of thought . . . . a poem.
    Rated: ASR · Spiritual · #1470160
    Ode to the muse or the river or the dreamtime or whatever . . . From Bottle in the River.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1464040
    Discipline can be helpful, until we become attached to discipline.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1476594
    The river, enlightenment, sainthood, monkdom . . . even you and me . . . we are all one.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1476595
    Having gone down the river to the ocean again, the Poet learns to ride the waves of love.
    Rated: E · Nature · #1476600
    With patience and good intention, the ocean and fear can share one thing: evaporation.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1474528
    Finally, the Poet makes it to the ocean, and it’s not blissful like heaven.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1462925
    The Poet learns that presence is about returning again and again, like the cycle of water.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1475432
    Not blissful, the sea returns the Poet to the beginning, where he again chooses the river.
    Rated: E · Spiritual · #1474530
    Learning that lessons are endless, bliss nonexistent, the Poet returns to the river.
    Rated: E · Nature · #1476598
    Having traveled the river at least twice, the Poet is no longer disappointed by the sea.
    Rated: E · Religious · #1476603
    On the Seventh Day, the Lord threw a party and made a toast!
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/1462733-Part-3--The-End-We-Sea