*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463604-Killing-time
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Spiritual · #1463604
Why do we think we can Kill Time and be of good mental health?
How many times have you heard the expression, “I am just killing time?”  Boredom is not found in nature.  We are indeed unique.  Very few animals just sort of hang out, calling each other on cell phones.

I prefer vacations without telephones or televisions.  I know there is something to see, hear and experience.  I don’t have to dial it in on a mechanical device.  There is even more time for the internal landscape that somehow gets bypassed in the valley in a 9 to 5 existence.  Pain is much a part of the life of the valley.  That is why there is so much numbing going on with alcohol, drugs and the drone of the television set with sales pitches for things we don’t need, but buy anyway.

What do we need?  Ask the wind as it cools and caresses your skin.  It is part of the answer.  Ask the sun with all its brightness, but there is still darkness.  The outdoors doesn’t have all the answers.

Feel the touch and intensity of being together.  There is still boredom with the risk that the other will pull away.

That leaves nothing and everything.  God whispers, “You are a universe.  In thee I create.”  Sun moon and stars rise in my soul and life has the feel and softness of wildflowers. That has always been the truth.  Life is continually and transiently reborn if we take time and listen.
© Copyright 2008 Michaelmountain:spring hope (frontierman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463604-Killing-time