*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463623-death-scene
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1463623
death scene from a piece i am working on.
I was lying on my side staring at a stone wall. I was so cold, I was shaking. My whole body clenched with each shiver. The world was getting fuzzy around the edges, and darkness was eating my vision. I was losing consciousness, I could feel it slipping away. And then nothing.
         I could feel a cold cloth pressed against my neck. My head was throbbing, I felt nauseous. Then the smell hit me, it was stale and rancid. I rolled to my side and emptied the contents of my stomach, I kept heaving even though there was nothing left. I hurt all over, I let out a soft moan.
         “You’ll be as right as rain soon enough dearie, it was a mistake is all.”
         “I think I have a concussion.” I whispered. I was surprised I could even speak. Someone moved the cloth to my forehead, the icy water slipped down my face in little streamlets. Oddly enough I was feeling better, my stomach had settled, and the pulse in my head wasn’t causing my skin to jump anymore. I tried to sit up and there were hands there to help me, I looked around at my surroundings, and the walls, the floor, even the ceilings were made out of stone. There was one doorway leading to a black tunnel, very ominous. I was feeling a lot better, I must’ve been wrong about the concussion thing.
         “See your fine now, it was a mistake is all, just a mistake.” I looked towards the woman speaking. She had white hair, and spidery wrinkles all over her face. She was delicate, and had perfect posture. Her voice was soft, but had a hard undertone, like silk covered steel. Her eyes had faded to a pale gray, but were hard, and shrewd. There was definitely more to this woman.
         “What.....” I started. But I remembered. I was walking home from the grill where I worked. I had gotten off late, it was the middle of the night, you know when all the creepers come out. I was passing a particularly creepy alley and a dark blur hit me from the side. My head hit the cement hard, I was dizzy. Then I felt a sharp pain that started in my neck, then traveled all the way to my core. I looked at the woman in front of me and felt my eyes go cold. I was pissed. I quickly crab walked my way to a wall and stood up with my back against it. One less angle for them to come at me.
         “What’s going on?” I demanded. My voice was icy. There were four of them. The old woman, and three more figures in cloaks. I wasn’t sure, but judging by their size three women. The cloaks were gray, and covered their faces. The old woman had her hood down.
         “Calm down, it was just a mistake.” said the old woman.
         “What was a mistake?” I asked angrily.
         “My name is Morana, and there is no need to be ugly. One of our younger ones got a little carried away— a little sloppy. You see it was his first hunt, and they are always a little trouble the first time. But calm yourself he has been duly punished.”
         “That’s not nearly enough information. Lets try this again, what’s going on.”
         “Come ladies, our guest no longer needs our assistance.” with that the women left me standing there with my back against the wall. They closed the door behind them.
© Copyright 2008 turnip queen (turnipqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463623-death-scene