*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/146514-About-my-writing
by RatDog
Rated: ASR · Article · Writing · #146514
About my writing
Why do I write? I have no formal training, and I'm sure there are many other people better qualified to write in any genre that I might choose. But still, I write.

I enjoy writing, putting my thoughts down in digital ink. I think I learn as much about myself from what I write as anyone reading it does. Sometimes I don't take enough time to proof-read what I'm writing and I make mistakes, but hopefully the message I'm trying to convey still gets through to the reader.

Stories.com has been a great outlet for creativity for me. I discovered this website last year through a link on another page. I particularly like the interactive Stores format. I got hooked on "Technophobic" (created by White Knight) when I first saw it, and have added quite a few chapters to the ongoing story there. I'll be adding more there in the future so I can find out what else happens to the poor guy.

I know that sounds kinda crazy, but I don't really know what's going to happen to the story until I sit down and start typing to add to the various threads, I just pick one I'm in the mood for on any given night and let my imagination go with it. If you get a chance to read any of "Technophobic" please rate it, and if you want, send me an e-mail to let me know what you think. Also feel free to add a chapter or two if you're so inclined, to help keep it rolling.

*Update* (7/10/01) I have recently taken the chapters I originally contributed to Technophobic and used them to create the "Awakenings" interactive series now in my portfolio. I've put some time into editing the chapters, eliminating excess "dead" links to make the stories a little easier to follow, while still leaving enough open links to allow for growth. Please check them out, and if you get a chance, add a chapter or two!

My other current writing project is a Web Log. Short essays on various topics mixed with assorted quotes and links. It's at
http://www.icymarch.blogspot.com/
if you want to check it out.

I've got a couple of ideas for interactive stories I'd like to start here at Stories.Com, just been to busy at work right now. Maybe later on when things get slower for me. Gotta wrap this up now, it's much too late and I have to work in the morning. Take care, and good luck with your writing.

*Update* (7/10/01) I have recently taken the chapters I originally contributed to "Technophobic" and used them to create the "Awakenings" interactive series now in my portfolio. I've put some time into editing the chapters, eliminating excess "dead" links to make the stories easier to follow, while still leaving enough open links to allow for growth. Please check them out, and if you get a chance, add a chapter or two!

- Cy
© Copyright 2001 RatDog (cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/146514-About-my-writing