*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465673-Dear-Lord
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Experience · #1465673
Just another prayer for my daughter. It's now 5 months after her adoption.
Dear Lord,
I am so proud of her and love her so very much! Because of her, I know now what love really is and who deserves it. I want her to know more than anything how much I love her. Will she ever really know how much my heart aches to hold her in my arms and tell her how wonderful she is? Please God protect my little angel and give her a life full of joyful moments she can cherish. Keep her safe from all the evil in this world and shelter her spirit as she grows so that she can shine with Your love in her, all the days of her life. Lord, You know how much I love her..please let her know in her heart that her birth mom loves her, and tell her I miss her every second too. But also let her know that I am glad she is, where she is.

I never want her to feel guilty one day, because she loves her adoptive mom in a way she could never love me. The one that was there for her everyday of her life, should be who she calls mom and the one she always thinks of as her mom. I wouldn't want it any other way. Let her know, when the times comes and she learns about me, that I will never be jealous of the love she has for her real family. I know that when she gets older she will learn more about the love I have for her, and it might not be understandable until then either. I want her to know she has nothing to worry about or question. All I want her to do is be able to love with all her heart and never feel guilty for doing so. The love I have for her is so deep, it could never be jealous or selfish or want anything from her! My greatest contribution to life is her. She can never do anything that would make me stop loving her, nothing! I'm prepared if she doesn't understand who I am or what I did. I know God has a reason for everything and I trust in Him.

Help us, God, to both spend the rest of our lives on earth living for You and as a reflection of You. Your blessings are abundant and help her to see them all throughout her life. Also let her know that she, herself, is one of your greatest blessings. My love for her is endless and I feel it pours out of my soul constantly for her. I could gush and glean about her every second of my life. There is so much about her I am thankful for, that I can't see it possible to not praise You every second of every day for what You have done. I won't regret my decision later in life, although I know I may be tempted to at times. I know it is God's will, so how could I think to regret that?

Thank you God for showing me what true love is. It is far from what I thought it would be, and it is the most important thing You give us. I don't have to be seen, heard or even known to exist in her eyes and my love will always be just as strong. I know what is in store for us and in the end we will be together for eternity in heaven. I know you will answer my prayers and guide her in You all the days of her life....because it was always Your plan and never mine. I never could of seen or imagined the path You had planned for my life, her life, her families life, and all these other people. How Great You Are to be doing this everyday, working in people, all throughout the World and most times never to be noticed or even thanked for. I never realized until now (or realized I can't begin to fathom it) how Great and Powerful You are. I can honestly say, maybe for the first time, I put 100% of my trust in You. I know I may struggle or let fear & doubt overcome me at times, but help me to always see this as soon as it happens and find my way back to your Loving Grace. And thank You again for giving me a wonderful daughter and letting me truly love her, I couldn't ask for anything more than this. Amen.

Bmom
© Copyright 2008 Girl Interrupted (bidab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1465673-Dear-Lord