*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1466129-To-Whom-It-May-Concern
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Writing.Com · #1466129
Not just an upgrade request.
Please note, this was originally written for and submitted to a review request forum.



Hello,

I'd like to request an upgrade-- well, that's what everyone's doing in this forum, right? But you see, I'm different from everyone else.

I'm not looking to create a huge portfolio with anything and everything I've ever written crammed inside for the world to see. I'm not as open as all that. But I do have a pretty darn good reason for wanting an upgrade.

Writing.com is a community of writers. Writers are the most powerful people in the world! Don't believe me? Well, I'll try to explain.

It's like this: there are a lot of people in the world who are a lot worse off than I am. Sure, I don't have an upgrade. But there are many more people who don’t have a home, or food, or a family to support them. If you think about it, Writing.com is like a family. And that’s where I come in.

I personally believe that each individual on this earth has a responsibility to use what abilities they are blessed with to do good. Because if you aren’t doing good, and assuming you’re not doing bad, you must be doing nothing. Now imagine if everyone on this earth stopped what they were doing, and just did nothing. What would happen? Society would fall apart. We’d have chaos. So doing nothing is just about as bad as doing bad. In other words, we really should all just do good. Add our contribution. It doesn’t have to be a big contribution. Just our individual personal contribution.

As writers, our contribution is our writing. We can use our writing for good or for evil. We cannot, however, not write—it’s just not possible, and besides, it would be wrong. It would be wasting our ability. We have the ability to spread powerful ideas and to influence people and to contradict other people. We have the ability to imagine and create, to hope and to dream. We, as writers, are very powerful.

As someone once said, with great power comes great responsibility.

You still with me? Good.

Ideas aren’t tangible. You can’t pick them up and hold them; they have no physical attributes. Yet ideas are real, and extremely powerful. All inventions and revolutions and creations begin with an idea. In the same way, gift points are intangible, yet somehow they too are real. And influential. Gift points can encourage and inspire in the same way that ideas can. Well, in a similar way. Gift points were themselves but an idea once; now they are the jumping point from which many other ideas take off!

Now, if just a few gift points has the ability to inspire and influence, just imagine what 1 million gift points could do! Are you imagining? I am.

That very concept is the premise for my in-and-out, "If I Had a Million Gift Points - Last Submission: 07-13-15 @ 4:28pm .

With an upgrade, I will create a group to store gift points—my own, and donations from other members of our writing.com family. When it reaches 1 million… who knows? Maybe I’ll shoot for 2 million!

If so many members of the writing.com family are ready to donate gift points for a good cause, perhaps the world family will be ready to donate dollars and euros and yen and rubles for a great cause.

Sincerely,

~Pens & Pencils
© Copyright 2008 *~* Pens Thanks Anonymous *~* (bethyking at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1466129-To-Whom-It-May-Concern