*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467180-Another-Day
Rated: E · Script/Play · Sci-fi · #1467180
Script written for a contest held by Microsoft, small 3-5 minute scene.
INT. HALLWAY APARTMENT BUILDING – DAY

Footsteps sound going away as we pan and linger on the Cube. Lying on the carpet. 
Door opens and male bare feet step into the view. Toes wiggle as we pan up, the male is wearing superman boxers as well as a black shirt. As we focus on the face we see it is a young man with a scruffy beard and wild bed hair.

From behind him a female voice sounds, loud and obnoxious.

WOMAN
Who is it Daniel?

Danial rolls his eyes and peers about the hallway and is about to close the door when he notices The Cube picking it up.

DANIEL
Huh…

WOMAN
Daniel! Is it my Bridge friends! Let them in, Esther always brings the most delightful..

DANIEL
(Yelling as he turns)
It was nobody mom!

Daniel rushes to his room as his MOM sits in the background rambling about her bridge partners.

DANIEL
Just great. Bridge.

Daniel tosses The Cube on his bed and sits at his computer staring blankly at it. Next to his mouse pad is a open Psychology 101 book. Word is open and he has a single sentence typed. “Procrastination is a problem because” Daniel stares at this a moment before turning back to The Cube on his bed. He picks it up and examines it. Daniel taps it lightly with his fingers then tries to pry it open. Not finding any seems he tosses it down and falls flat on the bed letting out a huge sigh.

Daniels computer makes an odd noise.

DANIEL
(Frustrated)
What now?

Daniel finds his sentence has been cleared and a message is written.

GO TO THE PAYPHONE.

Daniel clicks his mouse trying to select the message and delete it, nothing happens. As he watches it re writes itself.

GO TO THE PAYPHONE NOW.

DANIEL
If this is David messing with me, I swear I’ll.

The message changes as he is speaking.

I AM NOT DAVID. TAKE THE CUBE WITH YOU.

Daniel stands in silence before he complies, tossing on a pair of ratty jeans and grabbing the cube he heads into the living room.

MOM
Daniel where are you going? It is almost lunch time.

DANIEL
Milk, we need milk.

MOM
(half turns on the couch)
But we just bought some.

Daniel is already out the door.

We follow Daniel down the hallway and down stairs onto the street. He stops and looks about for the PAYPHONE before he hears one ringing in the distance. Daniel follows the ringing around the corner and finds the PAYPHONE outside a convenience store.

DANIEL
(Picking up the receiver)
Umm hello?

THE WOMAN (V.O)
Listen to me, quickly and do not interrupt.

DANIEL
Listen is David put you up to..


THE WOMAN (V.O)
Honestly? Just listen.

Danial
Right.

THE WOMAN (V.O)
In the trash next to this phone you will find a card, on the back of the card you will find an address; you have one hour to deliver the card to the address. Do not let anyone else see or touch the cube. Do you understand?

Daniel
I’m game.

THE WOMAN (V.O)
Good. There are people trying to stop you. Look for black shirts. Go.

The phone goes dead and Daniel keeps listening for a moment. He turns and reaches in the trash and finds a single card on top of the trash. Daniel turns to hail a cab as he sees a couple of men in black shirts across the street. One points at him. Daniel gives a wave. They dash across the street.

MAN ONE
Stop!

Daniel turns and runs down the street. Turning a corner he slams into a man pushing a hand truck. Tripping over it he struggles to his feet and runs in the street sliding over the hood of an idling car. Daniel runs into an alley and tips trashcans behind him as the MEN continue to chase. He runs out of the other side of the alley as the men are struggling to push past the spilled trash and turns another corner. Ahead he spots a bridge spanning over a canal. He runs at it and leaps over, quickly ducking under the bridge. Daniel hears running steps approaching and then they pause over the bridge.

MAN ONE
Where did he go?

MAN TWO
That way!

The footsteps fade away leaving us focused on Daniels panting sweaty face.

FADE OUT

FADE IN

INT. AIRPORT TERMINAL
Daniel is seen walking through the crowd. He stops at a coffee Kiosk and sets THE CUBE on the counter. Focus on counter and THE CUBE.

DANIEL
Can I get a Hazelnut iced coffee please?
(Pause)
Thanks

We hear the sound of ice being put into a cup and Daniel walks off leaving The Cube on the counter. We pan away from The Cube and along a wall focuses on a SECURITY CAMERA. The CAMERA zooms in on THE CUBE.

FADE OUT

INT. DANIELS BEDROOM

Daniel is now clean shaven and is sitting at his computer with a satisfied smile on his face. On the screen is a whole page of writing, his psychology book is closed and Daniel is working hard on his paper.

FADE OUT.
© Copyright 2008 Pdquinn (dnvnquinn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467180-Another-Day