*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467657-Protective-Custody
by Sammy
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1467657
Abby goes to McGee for protection when an old stalker shows up.~1st place FanFiction 16!
Darting nervous glances over her shoulder, the leggy Goth hurried down the dim hallway. Her hand trailed lightly down the wall, anxiously counting off apartment numbers. Finding the one she sought, she traced long fingers over the brass number. Rubbing her bare arms she glanced back down the hall. It was late. He was likely sleeping. She was probably over reacting. Closing her eyes she leaned her forehead against the door as indecision warred. A squeak escaped her as the door fell open and she tumbled into Timothy McGee's arms, taking them both to the floor.

Pushing herself up on her arms Abby smiled down at her flustered co-worker.

"McGee!"

"Ummmmm, Abby," he replied, air leaving his lungs as her arms went around his neck dropping her full weight back down. Instinctually, his body responded to the press of hers. Color flooded his face.

"Are you ok?" he managed between gritted teeth.

The question spurred a flurry of arms and legs as Abby struggled to right herself. Tim winced as elbows and knees found traction in tender portions of his anatomy. Scrambling to the door, she shut it with haste and threw the deadbolt.

Turning back to Tim she was startled, yet pleased, to see him already on his feet, his service piece in his hand.

“It’s ok, McGee. I am probably over reacting,” she soothed, splaying her long-fingered hands before her in a placating manner. “Though Gibbs would say, 'Probably Abs? Probably?' So it is better to play it safe,” her voice deepened in an imitation of their boss before slipping back to her own almost childlike tone. “As a scientist I would have to agree that probably is nothing to base one's life on and that would be exactly what I was doing. So…”

“Abby,” Tim cut her off pointedly.

“Right, the point, McGee,” she nodded, reining her thoughts in. “I saw Mikel Mawher at the club tonight.” 

“Did he see you?” McGee asked, moving swiftly to the door.

“I don’t know. I’m not sure. I think so,” Abby muttered. “It happened fast. He was across the dance floor, but it felt like he looked right at me. Then he like disappeared into the crowd, McGee, —POOF— and I freaked. I asked one of the bouncers to walk me to my car, but there were some guys standing around it so I took a cab instead. I get home and there was someone sitting on the stoop. I was just freaking McGee. I didn’t know what to do, so I came here.”

With one practiced visual sweep of the hall, McGee closed the door and slid the locks back into place.

“Everything is going to be all right, Abs,” he reassured, turning to pick up his cell phone. “I assume you contacted Gibbs. What about Tony and Ziva?”

“Umm, actually you were the first one I thought of. I just had the cab bring me here,” Abby murmured with a blush. “I am sorry, McGee.”

Her color deepened as McGee stared at her in disbelief. Self-consciously she twirled a dark pigtail, shifting from one foot to the other.

“I thought maybe I could crash on your couch for tonight and figure out what to do tomorrow. I should have called first I guess,” chewing her bottom lip, her voice trailed off. When Tim didn’t say anything, she turned for the door. She jumped as McGee’s hand shot out to still the deadbolt.

“Abby, I didn’t mean it like that.  I was just surprised I was your first choice is all.”
         
“Who better then my own Very Special Agent?” she asked with a tilt of her head and that childlike smile that melted his heart…and went straight to his groin. 
         
“Ok, you should have called,” he hastened to clarify as she hung her head. “You should have called from the club and I would have come and picked you up. It is always better to remain in a public place.”
         
“I just wanted to feel safe, McGee,” she murmured, rubbing her hands up and down her pale arms. A shiver wracked her slender form and Tim couldn’t help pulling the beautiful Goth into his arms. Snuggling against his chest, she felt like ice.     
         
“You are safe here,” he promised.  “Right now we need to get you warmed up.” 
         
Pulling back a bit she looked up at him, eyes sparkling mischievously despite the seriousness of the evening.

“Did you have something in mind, McGee?”
         
“A hot shower,” he deadpanned trying for a stern look. His blush gave him away. To her credit, Abby tried to stifle her amusement.
         
“Seriously, it is probably nerves more than anyth—”

“A hot shower will help relax the nerves and warm you up,” he interrupted. “I will get you something to sleep in.” 

Mourning the loss of McGee’s body heat, Abby wrapped her arms tight around herself as he disappeared. Glancing around at the computer and gaming equipment that littered the small apartment, she fought the temptation to poke around to see what was new since her last visit. McGee was the computer geek. There was nothing he couldn’t crack.  A sly grin lit her face; between the two of them they could take over the world!

“Planning our world domination?” McGee whispered in her ear.

Abby jumped with a little gasp, but then leaned back into his chest with a maniacal giggle.  She spread her arms theatrically before her, fingers splayed.

“They shall bow down before our superior intellect and rejoice in the reign of Mc Abby!”

“Mc Abby?” McGee snorted.

“Work with me, McGee,” she teased with a little eye roll.

“Ok, Cleopatra, shower time,” he chuckled, pressing pajama bottoms and a t-shirt into her arms, and pushing her back up to stand on her own two feet.

“It would be safer if you showered with me, McGee,” she reasoned, dragging her feet as he directed her to the bathroom.

“Mikel can’t hurt you here, Abby.”

“Last time…” she started to protest, only to be cut off.

“Last time… you opened the door for him. I am not about to let him in, Abs.”

“Ok, McGee, ok. It was dumb. Save the lecture. I learned my lesson. It is amazing my ass doesn’t still smart between you and Gibbs,” she pouted. “How come I am the only one that gets the Gibbs' smack on the ass?”

“He doesn’t want to risk brain damaging his forensic genius,” McGee answered but grinned and shrugged as she shot a grimace of disbelief over her shoulder. “Either that or your ass is just irresistible.”

She laughed and gave her barely covered backside a seductive roll. 

“Sure you don’t want to take a shower with me, McGee? You can wash my back…side,” she offered with a giggle.

“I’m going to swat your back…side…if you don’t get in the shower.”

“Ohhh kinky, McGee,” she teased, flipping her skirt tails. “You never know, I might just like it.”

“It won’t be the enjoyable kind,” he said firmly, punctuating his words with a knowing lift of his eyebrow.

Abby turned, head cocked to the side as she regarded Tim for a long moment. She was surprised by what she saw there.

“You are serious,” she said, a little wonder lacing her tone.

“Deadly so,” he confirmed. “I know you all think of me as McGeek or Mr. Nice Guy, but I saw where that got me last time. You would have never opened that door if Gibbs, or even Tony, had told you not to. Because you did not take me seriously, you put yourself in danger. I won’t allow that to happen again. “

There was silence for a long moment as Abby considered the determined glint in his hazel eyes. A little thrill went through her.

“You are right.  I owe you an apology, McGee. It won’t happen again.”

“I know it won’t,” he said definitively. “Now go take a shower and leave the door open.”

“Ohhh, McGee!  Are you going to peek?”

“So I can hear you. Move it!” he ordered, his tone brooking no argument.

Abby snapped off a salute and spun on her heel for the bathroom.

“It’s the right hand, but I will let it pass this time,” he called after her.

“Yes, Master,” she called back demurely.

“You couldn’t handle being mine,” McGee mumbled, flipping open his cell phone.   



Running her fingers through her straight, black hair Abby reemerged fifteen minutes later clad in gray and maroon checked, cotton pajama bottoms and a MIT t-shirt. He had to admit his alma mater’s gear looked better on her than it ever had on him, especially the way she knotted the t-shirt leaving a strip of belly bare.

“Feel better?”

She nodded and slipped onto the couch beside him, pulling her feet up to hug her knees.

“Mikel Mawher was released yesterday.”

Abby studied her toes intently as they peeked out from the puddle of PJ bottoms. “Nice of them to let me know,” she mumbled. “He didn’t waste anytime.”

“As part of his parole agreement, he is not supposed to contact you in anyway, possess pictures, create another creepy web shrine, or come within three hundred feet of you. If he was sitting on your stoop, I don’t think his parole officer is going to think too highly of that,” McGee said, reaching out to stroke her hair soothingly.

“You know, I have been thinking about moving,” she said so softly he barely could make out the words. A knot of dread twisted in his stomach and he couldn’t help thinking about the headhunters who tried to lure Abby away from NCIS every year with pricey dinners at the Ritz Carlton and paychecks with extra zeros.

“Where will you go?”

“Someplace with better security, a parking garage, and a doorman,” Abby mused.

“You could get that right here in D.C.,” Tim blurted, making her look up at him in surprise.

“Well DUH, McGee. Where did you think I was going?”

“You get four or five prime job offers a year. You could pretty much write your own ticket.”

“So I enjoy letting someone else treat me to dinner and beluga caviar.  So what if I enjoy feeling wanted? We have had this discussion before. When are you guys going to get the idea that you are my family and I don’t want to leave you?” she snapped, her voice uncharacteristically rising in irritation. Bouncing off the couch, she stalked into the kitchen.

Blowing out his breath slowly, Tim let his head fall back against the couch.

“Smooth move, McGee,” he muttered under his breath. Hearing drawers and cabinets opening and closing in the kitchen, he decided he better go make peace before she found the knives.

Whisking eggs with a bit of savagery, Abby tried to put her emotions aside and look at the situation logically. She had been over it again and again in her mind and still couldn’t put her finger on what it was about her that made the “Team” see her as less loyal than the other members. She had been there longer then Tony, Tim, Ziva, Director Shepherd, hell even Gibbs had left and come back.

Plunking the bowl down on the counter, she yanked open the refrigerator in search of omelet fixings. She smirked as McGee let out a soft —WOOF—as the door connected with his gut.  Quickly she inventoried the fridges contents, a quart of milk, a partial twelve pack of diet coke, a half loaf of wheat bread, deli roast beef, and condiments. Shaking her head at the helpless bachelor she took a stab at a crisper drawer and was pleased to come up with the remains of a not TOO wilted onion and a package of cheese slices.

“I’m sorry,” Tim offered, knowing it sounded as lame to her ears as it did to his.

He winced as she found the cutting board and began chopping onion, roast beef and cheese slices with alarming efficiency. Following her across the kitchen, he yelped as a cupboard door found his shin.

“I didn’t mean it like that, Abby.” He tried, hobbling back across the tiny kitchen.

He barely avoided the fridge door again as the silent beauty went for the bread and butter. Frustrated, he grabbed her arm and spun her to face him. The apology died on his lips as her finger covered them demandingly.

“I am as loyal to NCIS and to the team as any of you! I may not carry a big gun and chase down bad guys, but I am damn good at what I do and you couldn’t do your jobs without me! It hurts when you guys treat me like a child and doubt me!” she said vehemently. Her next words were in a mere whisper. “Maybe you most of all, McGee.” She spun away from him, her hands splaying out before her heralding an Abby rant.

“You confuse the hell out of me, Timothy McGee! You can be so naïve and blind to things around you. You are book smart, computer savvy and street stupid. You have horrid taste in women, and waver back and forth between being too trusting and raging paranoia! On the other hand, you are the perfect Yin to my Yang. We both believe in order and rules, be it scientific, electronic, or as I saw tonight the basic rules of man and woman that will allow for domestic co-existence at the most prime of levels,” she paused for a breath, but let out a startled squeak as McGee caught her by a fist full of hair.

Abby froze under his lips as he claimed her forcefully, effectively silencing any more of her highbrow babble, but he didn’t relax until she melted into him. They were both panting for breath by the time he broke the kiss. She stared up at him for a long moment, her sage eyes glassy.

“THAT was worlds away from the McGee who used to break out in a cold sweat at a hug. Wowsers, McGee. You’ve come a long way, baby,” Abby murmured in a husky purr.

“I’m glad you approve. Now, I got stupid, horrid, and naïve, but you lost me at Yin, Yang, and domestic co-existence. Last I knew the mere thought of, and I quote, 'monogamous social interaction' with me, threw you into a tail spin.”

“You were too nice. I just couldn’t do that to you. I know that sounds bizarre, but it is true. I am a Scorpio, McGee. I am used to getting my own way and I am not above manipulation to achieve that goal. I need a man who will love me, but not let me walk all over them. I don’t want a yes man, McGee. I love your brains, not to mention your butt, BUT this new Special Agent machismo you got rolling, is hot.”   

“I’m not into the whole whips and chains thing,” McGee started but Abby interrupted.

“I’m cool with that. I’ve played that game and a lot of times that is all it is, a game. I want a real relationship with a man that loves me just the way I am. Sure, sometimes I need a little swat on the ass to help get my head on straight, but other times I need someone to hug me when I walk through the door, just ‘cause they missed me. That doesn’t make me a bad person.”

“No it doesn’t. That makes you the woman I love,” McGee said cupping her face in his hands. They both jumped as his cell phone rang. Grabbing it up, Tim took a breath and snapped open the phone.

“McGee.” 

Abby watched after him apprehensively as he mouthed ‘Tony’ at her and moved off into the living room, speaking in hushed tones. Chewing her bottom lip, she forced her attention to the nearly forgotten omelet. She was just finishing it up when he returned to the kitchen. Noting the telling worry lines, she silently set plates on the bar and slid onto a stool, patting the one next to her invitingly. McGee took an experimental bite before glancing at her from the corner of his eye.

“Tony found a car bomb on the coup,” he said softly.

“He planted a bomb on my baby?” Abby gasped, her eyes widening almost comically.

“The bomb squad is going over her with a fine toothed comb, Abs,” Tim reassured, knowing how she loved her classic Ford coup. 

“I guess I just never thought he would go that far. I mean I know he is mega obsessive, a stalker extraordinaire, a little unbalanced, but murder?”  She shook her head in disbelief. There was silence for a few minutes while they both picked at their food. “Do you really think Mikel would go that far?”

“I wish I had an answer for that one, Abs,” Tim said seriously. “Love and hate are sometimes a very fine line.” 

There was silence as they both picked at their omelets, lost in thought.

“So what do you think of the possibility of Mc Abby cohabitation?” she asked casually. Tim stared at her dumbfounded. Abby shrugged.

“Just a thought, McGee. I have a shot at this amazing Georgetown loft and while I know I can swing it financially, it is a lot of space for just me. It would be a primo address for a famous author,” she said with a teasing wink.   

“I guess I am just not sure what you are suggesting here,” Tim said softly.

“Roommates, best friends with benefits, special agent and sex kitten, famous author and his muse…it can be what ever you want it to be, McGee.”

“Why now?”

“Why not? It is time we stop kidding ourselves, and sneaking peeks at the other’s butt when they aren’t looking. Neither of us is getting any younger. Face it McGee, the positives out weigh the negatives in spades. “

“You look at my butt?”

“McGee, is that the only thing you got from the conversation?”

“Do you?”

Abby snorted mirthfully and threw her arms around him for a hug, groping what she could with him seated.

“Your bubble butt does it for me, baby!”

“What about…I mean we’ve only…” he stammered.

“Sex?” Abby asked. McGee’s deepening blush answered for him. She nodded thoughtfully. “A lot of a good sex life comes with knowing your partner and being willing to do what it takes to rock their world. You accomplished something our first time that is seen about as often as Halley’s Comet, the Big O with straight, missionary penetration and no clitoral stimulation. To put it bluntly, you are batting 1000. So the way I look at it, it can only get better from here.” 

Tim stared at her for a long moment, his thoughts and emotions spinning.

“Shall we go practice?” he asked at last.

Abby waggled her eyebrows at him and stood to rinse both plates.

“Lead the way, Special Agent McGee.”

“I don’t think so. I am keeping you where I can see you,” Tim replied, herding her down the short hall. “Cooperate everything will go smoothly. Otherwise, I will be obligated to use force. It is for your own safety, Miss Sciuto.”

“I always want to cooperate with the law, Agent McGee,” she teased, pulling her t-shirt off and tossing it back over her shoulder.

He caught it with a grin, admiring the ornate cross tattoo that covered her pale back. She paused beside the bed, her fingers hooking in the lounge pants elastic band. Slowly she pushed them down over her hips, bending at the waist to slide them down her endless legs until they bunched at her feet. Daintily, she stepped out of each leg before straightening. Draping the bottoms over an easy chair, she turned to face him, breathtaking in her natural beauty.

Not wanting to break the moment, Tim tossed her t-shirt to the chair and turned off the lights. Stripping from his own clothes, he skirted around the foot of the bed. Abby watched him for a moment then turned down the comforter and slipped between the cool sheets. The care with which he placed his nine millimeter and cell phone within easy reach on the nightstand both made her feel secure and gave her a little thrill. She gave an experimental little bounce and smiled at him as he slid onto the bed.

“You got a new bed,”

“You didn’t like my old one,” he replied as if it were the most logical of answers.

“It will look awesome in the new Mc Abby loft,” she said with a grin.

“I am more interested in how Abby looks in IT,” Tim answered, pulling her slowly to him.

Her skin felt cool against his. Instinctually he rubbed his hands up and down her back, circling over her shoulders and down her long arms. She shivered as the back of his fingers brushed her breast lightly, raising goose flesh in its wake and making her nipples pebble enticingly. Lowering his head he drew one stiff peak into his mouth, suckling and nipping. A surprised yelp escaped her lips as he twisted the other sharply, making her body bow into his. The yelp turned to a whimper of pleasure as he continued the pressure and her arms came around his neck, pulling him to her.

Pressing her down into the bed, Tim marveled at the surge of power running through his veins. Abby had a gift for loosing the primitive side. Pushing her thighs apart, he settled over her. Arching, she rubbed against him, leaving no doubt of her arousal. Cupping her breasts in his palms he pressed them together, licking and nipping over the pale mounds as she writhed underneath him. Pinching the hard nubs prompted her body to buck desperately under him. Throaty moans tore from her throat and her nails scored his back as he twisted harder.

It was his turn to groan as her long legs wrapped around him, heels digging demandingly into his ass. Giving into her pleas, he ground against her. 

“Mmmm this is my idea of protective custody,” she murmured against his neck as their bodies twisted against one another. Some might have found it cheesy but he loved her playful sense of humor.

“I have to stay close, protect you with my body,” he chuckled. Abby’s response was lost in a moan as he pushed into her.



Tim idly traced the intricate cross on her back making Abby hum in pleasure.

“Why tonight, after so long?” he asked quietly and instantly regretted it.

It was one of those moments you wish you could turn back time as her body stiffened under his hand. He reluctantly shifted back a bit as she rolled to her back, green eyes serious in the moonlight.

“As hinky as it might seem, seeing Mikel tonight really made me think. I’ve a real knack for picking some serious losers when it comes to boyfriends. They may have seemed fun at the time, but the thing is, I can’t honestly say that I was in love with any of them.” She blushed and turned away for a moment. “You were the first guy I could say I was in love with, and I panicked,” she continued in a whisper. When she looked back at him there were tears in her emerald eyes. “I didn’t know if you felt the same way, and then I didn’t know if I could handle it. I just freaked, McGee. I’m sorry. By the time I had sorted stuff out in my head it was too late. All I could do is hope you would feel strongly enough to push for it.”   

Tim wasn’t even sure how to respond to that. It had never occurred to him that the sexy and seemingly confident Goth could feel as insecure as he did.

“I thought I was too square for you,” he admitted.

Abby smiled sadly.“That’s just it, McGee. People think steady is a bad word but you and Gibbs have this aura that just centers me. You are so 'together'. I was scared you would be embarrassed to be with me.”

The pain in her voice nearly crushed him.

“Jesus, Abby. How could you think that?” he whispered.

“I’m not exactly the take her home to mom type and you are apple pie.”

“I would be proud to take you home and introduce you to my parents. They would love you—because I do,” Tim said sincerely and seeing the doubt still clouding her bright emerald eyes, he bent to kiss her with certainty. He groaned as his phone rang. A giggle bubbled from Abby as he reluctantly rolled to grab it.

“McGee,” he barked. His voice changed immediately. “Yes, Boss. Great. We will be right there. Oh. Ok. No, Sir, not a problem at all. Yes, Sir. We will…” he pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at it with a sigh before muttering to himself, “See you in the morning.”

“I don’t think goodbye is in Gibbs vocabulary,” Abby giggled, but her mirth died away at his next words,

“They picked up Mawher near your building.” 

Abby’s shoulders sagged in relief but it didn’t prevent a shiver from traveling her spine. Grabbing up the MIT t-shirt she had worn earlier, Tim pulled it over her head and her into his arms. She settled her cheek against his chest and they sat in silence for a while.

“You are safe, Abby. I won’t let anything happen to you,” Tim vowed. She nodded against his chest but her grip on him didn’t lessen. Sliding down into the bed, he pulled the comforter up around them and just held her.



Rising slowly from the shadows, Alex Mawher stretched to relieve his knotted muscles. His cousin’s obsession with the willowy Goth chick was unhealthy, and her betrayal a slight to the family. One she wouldn’t live to regret.  With one last wistful glance at the darkened window he whispered,“Goodnight, Abigail. Sleep well. I will see you soon.”

WC ~ 4,359

© Copyright 2008 Sammy (sammy_k at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467657-Protective-Custody