*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468845-Story
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1468845
Concrete poem about meditation. From Bottle in the River.
Story

This is a concrete poem using the "change tracking features" of Microsoft Word, and thus is best illustrated with a graphic, I hope.  The following graphic illustrates the poem:

 
IMAGE
Story (The Image)  (E)
Illustrating Microsoft Word's change tracking in the concrete poem: Story.
#1468847 by Dan Sturn


The actual poem has three parts:  The original text, the modified text (with change tracking showing the original text), and the comments. 

The modified text is as follows:


Story

This collection of poems tells about a Poet who dives after a bottle tossed into a river by God.  The Poet finds the flow of the river, at first, somewhat easy to navigate and focuses his mind on learning to journal and stay in “the moment.”  This turns out to be difficult, and the Poet fears he may be hearing the wrong lessons.  He considers different religions as a way to catch up to the bottle.

When the Poet finally catches up to the bottle, the message seems meaningless to him.  He realizes he needs to clean his closet, and ends up ‘stuck on the bank of was and will.’  There he witnesses pain and suffering, fear and uncertainty.  , Suddenly in the midst of his turmoil he realizes that seeing things as they really are is the only way to properly react to the turmoil.  He returns to his journal.  He notices the power of nature and of reality itself.  Meanwhile, there is a strong rain, which floods the banks, and causes him to slip back into the river .. .

thinking . . .


And the comments are as follows:


"God?  Sure not his muse?  Or perhaps just nature or reality?  God seems a bit strong!"

"Shouldn't we just accept these changes and move on?"





© Copyright 2008 Dan Sturn (dansturn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468845-Story