*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468971-THE-RELEVANCE
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1468971
"What is the purpose of life?"Is this question relevant?
Some people doubt that whether the queries regarding the meaning of life are relevant.As the purpose of life is still an enigma even after thousands of years of existence,the relevance of this question is suspected.May be we are not supposed to know or may be it is loud and clear but incomprehensible for the limitations of our mind.Although i am not a nihilist but life without a purpose is also a possibility.So how to decide which way to think?What is correct and what is not?



An obvious method is to believe that life constitutes of numerous blocks of events occuring in every unit of time and thus to take examples from our regular involvements having varying form and importance.We earn to accomplish our daily needs.The purpose of eating ,drinking,breathing etc. is to survive.The purpose of education is to improve the quality and chance of survival.We go to movies with a purpose of some quality break from daily routines.The list goes on and on and on.....So if such events do hold a purpose ,then why not our lives?If the blocks carry a meaning then why not the building?The only thing is that our focal point is the block in its timeunit.As the time passes by, the focal point shifts from one block to another without realising that there also exist an even more important structure ,which these blocks are only a part of.So it can be stated that each and every event of our life and the life itself do hold some purpose.



Now if we tend to think that the answer is incomprehensible or in other words we are not supposed to know it then the fact that such a question exists itself is contradictory,because then the event of popping up of such a query holds no purpose which belies the above derived theory.



So all the nonsense I wrote is to prove that this question is not only relevant but also has to be addressed seriously to find the real meaning of life and the greater purpose we serve here without even having its knowledge.
© Copyright 2008 kajasinis (kajasinis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468971-THE-RELEVANCE