*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469434-Interview-with-band---Angelspit
Rated: 18+ · Interview · Entertainment · #1469434
My independent interview with the band Angelspit.
NOTE: This interview is/was conducted by myself under the name BBE aka Beautifully Bound Entertainment. I have been conducting interviews with bands, models, and photographers the world over for the last two years. If you do not know who these people are you can google them otherwise please enjoy.

Also if you have any serious ideas of bands, models, or photographers you would like to read an interview about please let me know and I will see what I can do to get the interview and I will post it in here.


BBE Interview with Angelspit

Beautifully Bound Entertainments Interview with Angelspit

First off BBE would like to thank Destroyx and Zoog of Angelspit for taking the time to have a little chat. Thanks.

Now down to business.



BBE: The Name Angelspit, who came up with it and what is it's "real" meaning?



ZooG: We stole it from Sthe Sonic Youth song- 'Orange Rolls, Angel's Spit'!! From the album Dirty.



Destroyx: I don't think there is any underlying meaning underneath the band name…other than the juxtaposition between the connotation of the separated words 'angel' and 'spit'.

BBE: What influences you either as a group or personally?



ZooG: Sonic Youth, Skinny Puppy, Placebo. Mostly Indie Rock and Cyber Punk. We are currently listen to music that pushes us a little…there's some brilliant Electro-Clash and dangerously hard CYBERPUNK being pumped around here at the moment.

Destroyx: We don't listen to EBM

.

BBE: Do your songs have any special message as a whole or do they all tell a different story?

Destroyx: I guess they are all different and can be appreciated by themselves, but there are underlying themes throughout the album. I am not really one for analysing my own music… but I think if you listen to the lyrics, you'll probably be able to discern some of the messages behind the music.



BBE: What can you tell musicians who may be looking to get into this business?



Destroyx: Don't try to make music that you think people want to listen to. Try to listen to what you like, don't give in to the formula. Spend more time on your music and less time on the internet.

ZooG: Don't give up.



BBE: What kind of equipment do you use?



On Krankhaus and Nurse Grenade all sequencing, percussion and vocals were done by us – Graeme did guitars on both CDs. With our new material we are using more live musicians. We are wanting to use more industrial percussion and other instruments. The really cool magic happens when you start heavily processing and editing 'real recorded instruments'. You start to sculpt these insane abstract and almost surreal musical lines.

We only use real analogue synths and modulars. On Krankhaus we used:

Analogue Synths

Roland Jupiter8 ver1

Roland Jupiter8 ver2 (with groove midi retro fit)

sequential circuits prophet 5 (ver3 with midi)

Korg mini 700s

Roland sh101

Modular Synths

Metasonix TM-2

Moog MoogerFooger MF-101

Frostwave Alienator

Doepfer MAQ16/3 Analogue Sequencer

Doepfer MCV-8 MIDI converter

Over 50 Doepfer and Analogue Solutions modules

Obermoog (extremely rare hybrid made by Tom Oberheim and Dr Robert Moog)

Digital Shit

Kurzweil k2000r

Emu emax 1 (rack)

Casio cz101

Korg dss-1 Drum Machine

Yamaha RX-5 Drum Machine

OTHER

RODE NT-1a

Casio az-1 controller keyboard

Yamaha dsp factory card

Yamaha ax16-at optical interface card

Tascam mm-1 desk

Piece-of-shit computer

Yamaha 01v digital mixing desk

Random midi controller keyboard

1000w jands jc-1000cs concert series pa



Since moving to Germany, most of the above is now locked away in storage back in Sydney…so we're doing everything on a CRAP laptop with a basic Modular Synthesizer and a Roland SH101.

This simplified set-up is forcing us to focus on the basic elements of music (bass, drums, voice and riffs) instead of having several dozen babbling synths that are cluttering up the mix. Strangely, the less parts you put into the music the 'bigger' it ends up sounding…thus proving the saying "Less is More"…!

BBE: Zoog, and Destroyx, on behalf of Beautifully Bound Entertainment I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to do this interview. Your music is absolutely 100% fantastic. Keep up the great work and we look forward to hearing great things from you in the future.

A brief little biography of Angelspit.



A riot girl with a vocoder and a cyberpunk with a distortion pedal. Thick and rich with burning analogue synths and contempt, driven by beats like shards of metal and glossy with pvc and sweat, Angelspit is a Sydney industrial/electro duo to watch out for.

Since forming in 2004, Angelspit have taken their energetic live show throughout Australia, New Zealand, USA, Europe supporting bands such as KMFDM, Crüxshadows, Ayria , Tankt and IKON.

With their unique blend of industrial, rock, noise, metal and a touch of pop, Angelspit are forging a new style in cyber punk locally and internationally. Now with the release of their debut album Krankhaus, their sights are set on annihilating audiences and putting the aggression back into industrial music. Krankhaus features 14 tracks of blisteringly fat synths, with angry distorted beats and scathing vocals, evoking themes of horror, medical experimentation and the beautifully grotesque.

Angelspit's complex, rich and disturbing imagery enhances the sinister overtones in their music. This nightmarish aesthetic is the core that drives Angelspit's imagery, music and live show.

US record label Dancing Ferret Discs have signed Angelspit for USA and European ROCK. Dance Ferret is home to bands like:
The Crüxshadows (who hit #1 on the US Billboard charts), Ego Likeness, Carfax Abbey, Corvus Corax, Dark Kingdom, De/Vision, Faun, Gothminister, Irfan, Neuroticfish, Paralysed Age, Qntal, ThouShaltNot.
http://www.dancing-ferret.com/



Krankhaus
Blood, Sweat, Tears (Music, Lyrics, Programming, Concept): DestroyX + ZooG

Noise:
Main Guitars: Graeme Charles Kent (Grand Fatal)
Additional Guitars: Val Core
Mastering: David Walker
Additional Assistance: Bill Barsby, Brendan Creaven
Audio Design: ZooG

Krankhaus Artwork:
Art Direction: DestroyX + ZooG
Visual and Graphic Design: Destroyx
Red Baron (Medical General) Logo: Roberto Massaglia (Tankt)

Photo Credits:
Photography: Helen White
Assistant Photographer: Jamie Williams
Assistance: Drew Bowie, Clare Beaton, Brad Smith, Vulpy

Make-up:
Jo Haldane, Emma Michelmore

Hair:
Wig Design: Hair Surgeon
Styling: Kate and Chad from Suki Hair

Video:
Drew Bowie, Brad Wiley



Official Angelspit Website
Website design: Destroyx
Webmaster: ZooG
Photography: Helen White
Fashion Design: DestroyX
Fashion Construction and Wardrobe Assistance: Clare Beaton
Make-up: Jo Haldane
Hair, Wigs and Hair Pieces: Hair Surgeon (Destroyx and Zoog)
www.angelspit.net



Angelspit's Forum
Hosting: Victor Zdanowicz-Muchlado : www.urbanis.com.au
Moderators: Draken, Toxaris

www.krankhaus.net/forums

Vampire Freaks Cult
Moderators: Draken, Toxaris
http://vampirefreaks.com/cult/a-n-g-e-l-s-p-i-t
© Copyright 2008 SRRizzotto (srrizzotto at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469434-Interview-with-band---Angelspit