*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473823-The-adventures-of-a-perfume
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1473823
This is one of the reasons why you shouldn't steal....
It was one of those sunny days when Sara decided to go to shopping. Carrying her large purse in which lay the prized money, she walked off to the market.
The market was as usual, noisy and crowded. Impatiently she paved her way among the throng, reaching a particularly shabby shop.
The shop looked as if it was about to collapse. Its inside contained rows of cosmetics in weird bottles and cases. Intrigued, she entered, not noticing at first a small frail old man dozing behind the counter.
She called him and gingerly prodded him awake. Impatient and annoyed, he told her to check out the stocks by herself.
It was at that time that a small purple glint caught her eye. Angling her head to get a better view, she noticed a tiny ornate purple perfume bottle perched on a shelf at her right.
She walked towards it and checked it out. The bottle was plastic, but the perfume smelled good. Exceptionally good.
She glanced at the shopkeeper and found him sleeping again.
Should I do it? It does look cheap. He wouldn't notice it, would he? He deserves it anyway for his rudeness, doesn't he?
And with that, she slipped it into her purse and tiptoed out of the shop. The man had not stirred.
Pleased with herself, she was heading for the next shop, when all of a sudden, someone grabbed her purse out of her grip. Taken aback, she stood still for a moment and as realization hit her, she screamed out loud.
Everyone who bothered to help her searched for anyone with her purse but in vain. At last, defeated and sad, she trudged back home.
Meanwhile, the fellow who had robbed her was walking back home, swinging his loot, a grin of victory on his face. A rugged looking man in dirt rags, he was quite an odd sight, clutching a lady's purse.
He reached his home, a dirty corner of the city inhabited by people like him, and found his friends drunk-early in the morning. He began rummaging the purse, emptying out the contents and counting the money. The others watched enviously as he gathered his prize and stocked it in his corner, refusing them another glimpse of it.
As he began drinking, the others put their heads together and whispered,
"Steal it and split it!"
And they did steal it. It didn't take them very long to wait. As soon as loud snores erupted from their drunken fellow thief, they pounced. As they split their loot, a lanky bearded guy got the perfume.
Declaring he would sell it to one of the 'ladies' at the bar, he headed off to the said destination. As he set off for the bar, he was wrapped up in thoughts of his later activities that he didn't notice a police car slowing its speed as it caught up with him.
Unfortunately, the inspector inside recognized him. You can very well guess what happened after that. A scene of the lanky man behind bars could help.
The inspector, flushed with victory at his catch, took home the perfume. As he entered the house, his eyes fell on his daughter, so he handed her the perfume.
"Where did you get it?" the girl asked startled.
"Got it from a prick we had been searching for weeks. Said he nicked it from another guy who had it nicked it from someone else. So I figured the perfume doesn't actually belong to anyone now-" he stopped at the sight of his daughter's face, "What's wrong Sara?"
"I-I-think I know where it belongs," she stammered and fled with the perfume out of the house.
Can you guess where she went? 
© Copyright 2008 frinzie (sanarachel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473823-The-adventures-of-a-perfume