*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474119-With-All-Your-Heart
by Sprout
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Spiritual · #1474119
This is an introduction to a Bible study.
“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.” 2 Peter 1:3-4

What are you missing in life? Do you have true peace? Do you feel loved? Have you escaped the corruption of the world and recognized the presence of God in your everyday life?

Three years ago I spent a great deal of time begging God to change me, change my circumstances and take away my desire to be involved in the garbage I had brought into my life. During one of my exasperated moments of being a mom, I sat down in front of the computer with the intention of escaping to a chat room once again. That seemed to be the only way to control my anger at the moment. Yet I also knew that my escape was not beneficial to me, my family or a wise use of my time. In my cry for help, God simply said, “look at me.”

It was then I began a journey of discovering the truth of 2 Peter 1:3-4. I wanted to be released from much of what was going on in my life yet my focus was fully on those things. That day I looked at God instead of my circumstances and discovered a true peace in the midst of my circumstances. I felt His love despite my faults. And I discovered the easiest way to get away from my evil desires is to look straight into His face.

Over the past year, God has given me the thrill of participating in His work. I am in love with God. I am continually growing into a deeper, more intimate relationship with God because of Christ. I have discovered that God is not just near by for me to call on when I need help. He has allowed me to participate in His divine nature. He is a part of everything I do. Yes, I am human. I get distracted once in a while. Then I hear those three words, “look at me” and I truly escape the corruption in the world and in my own life.

My prayer is that this study will assist you in getting to know God in such a way that your daily life becomes a divine experience. It simply involves getting our focus fully on God. He is the Creator. He is Peace. And He is jealously in love with you.
© Copyright 2008 Sprout (lbigcrum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474119-With-All-Your-Heart