*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474182-Imminent-Wars
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Article · Community · #1474182
Scholarship essay that I wrote but never earned.
I believe war and violence are a perpetual pandemic on humanity. Although deferring the annihilation of life on earth, these are thriving under the hands of evil. Recent wars and conflicts have been an epitome of immorality. Powerful nations have subdued lands of interest. The belligerent leaders are flaunting their strength by destroying the weak. Debaucheries of affluent citizens have blinded their leaders of the brutality of war. Their adroit media has cloaked the war as an accolade to freedom. The next ten years shall be no mystery, as the world gets riddled with more wars.

It is certain that genesis of future wars will be over depleting natural resources. Successive inflations will compel the well-developed countries to contend. Oil will be at the pinnacle of interest. Procurement may become the only reason to intervene in other countries. Thus, the violent chaos will give birth to an autonomous adversary. These impassive armies will have vendetta carved on their hearts, intrepid enough to take their own life along with myriad of fatalities. Invariably relocating, they will elicit fear throughout the vicinity of masses. Shoals of articulate recruiters will target vulnerable and dogmatic audience by correlating ideology, and euphemizing the war that would transform many into insane warriors. Throughout the next ten-twenty years, both sides will seek vantage points to eradicate each other. Innumerable lives will vanquish in the midst of war. Welters will be caught in the endless paradigm of destruction.

Another compelling rationale is the anomalies of our nuclear race. As long as weapons of mass destruction exist, a nuclear war is inevitable. Weaker enemies will be scourged by the disparity of technology, and they will emulate the opposition. It is estimated that United States has 30,000 nuclear bombs. With the augmenting corruption, we can predict treachery by hedonistic individuals. One bomb could mean a debacle for a whole generation.

Ten years from now, we shall see a hefty surge in violence. Current calamities throughout our globe are clear indications of what to expect. Sectarian violence has crossed the borders of inhumanity. Servile regions like Darfur, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and Kashmir have been jaded with blood. If we fail to reconcile, their violence may cross the borders to disparate countries.

Global leaders of today have disdained the fundamentals of our pedagogues. We have been deceived by empty promises of peace and prosperity. Our narcissistic government has corroded the altruistic side of our country. Who says slavery has ended, as we all have become the slaves of our government. They have been secretly pulling our strings. The people who are truly free are the ones that have educated themselves. "Knowledge is Power," a widely quoted adage, may one day become the enigma to our freedom.
© Copyright 2008 Santiago Stoetzel (stoetzels at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474182-Imminent-Wars