*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474624-Life-isnt-easy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Audrey
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1474624
A confession of the problems of life faced by a Preacher
I'm not sure whether this would be a lesson or a confession, perhaps a little of both. I know there are those out there that face hardships everyday and struggle to be a Christian. The reason I know that is because I face those same struggles in my own life. It's not easy to let go and let God. We want to try to resolve our own problems, especially those that we caused by our own ignorance or insecurities. The only difference between you and me is that, perhaps, due to my studies I am aware of my failures in my Christian walk a little quicker than some of you. The last several months have been rather trying because of problems at work, income just barely meeting outgo, if you know what I mean. That is compounded by health issues.

I will be the first to tell you that I'm not a Saint. Actually very far from that point. But I have went through my life trying to do what I felt was right only to be stepped on and ridiculed for it. I'm sure there are those of you that can relate to those feelings. It hurts and makes you bitter. But worse than that you start questioning God. What are you doing wrong in your life? Why is God allowing these things to happen? Your a good person, you try hard, you acknowledge that you fail and you accept responsibility for those failures. We struggle throughout this life to put food on the table, buy clothes for our wife and children and the other necessities of life. We become so caught up in the struggle that are lives become robotic in nature. We get up, we go to work, at a place where we are scorned and ridiculed, used and abused, we come home, go to bed, only to get up and start over again the next day. We attend Church on Sundays and hear about the blessings of God and wonder where they are. We read our Bibles and read;Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Mt 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Mt 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Mt 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? Mt 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: Mt 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these .Mt 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Mt 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? Mt 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.Mt 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. But the truth of the matter is that a single Mother, with three children, is sitting there thinking there's no food in the cupboard. The man that is sick and getting old was raised to believe that God may give Him a forty acre field, but God isn't going to plow it, plant it and harvest it. You see the old man remembers a sermon from childhood, a different time;Ge 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;Ge 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;Ge 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. There are certain things which we must accept. Responsibility for our actions. The truth of the matter is God will provide what you NEED, not necessarily what you want. If you and your wife can barely support yourselves why would you have children?Why is it that when you try your best it seems you always fail?No friends, no family, no future.The Apostle Paul liken the walk of a Christian to running a race. 1co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 1co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 1co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:1co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway .Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Those verses tell me that it isn't going to be easy. There are going to be hardships and struggles. Hardship and struggles are a part of the Christian walk. All have questioned God at some point in their life. All have been hurt, misused and abused by others. What lesson have I learned? I am reminded that even the Son of God was ridiculed, why should I be any better. I am reminded that even the Son of God was spit on, whipped and crucified.I am reminded that He, Jesus Christ, endured those things to offer me salvation .It may be that I will always remember; 1ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. But I will also remember that God will always provide a way for me, as a man, to provide for my family. It may be that there will be times when I will question,; Why God;. It may be that there will be times when I will sink into depression and despair, but I rest assured that Jesus will send His angels to minister to me, to lift me up, refresh me and prepare me for battle. It may be that some will look upon me and question what kind of a Christian I am because of the troubles I face but I will rest assured that I'm strictly being tempered in the fire of God's love. His grace and Mercy will see me through.

Forgive me Father.
© Copyright 2008 Audrey (apmresearch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474624-Life-isnt-easy