*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478703-Her
by Eva G
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Young Adult · #1478703
high school drama
Everything about her was graceful. Like, like a hummingbird. No, like a gazelle. No, no. She's more like a, a.. A cat. Yeah, that's it. A cat.

The way her hips move as she walks by, the long black hair swaying from side to side, just like a tail. The gleam in her deep green eyes when she's doing something she knows she shouldn't. Even in her voice there's a soft, low purr.

She's the girl that makes you feel like a star, all because she cared enough to ask you how your day was going. Of course, she would carry on like it's nothing. Completely unaware of how special she just made you feel.

She's doing it now. Making people feel special. Just by smiling and waving to them when they say hi as she passes them in the hallway. She doesn't take any special interest in any particular person, just being personable. That doesn't matter. They all feel it. A little trickle of warmth flowing through you.

Your face kind of... changes. Not your expression, no. Nothing really noticeable. Until you can't feel it any more; the warmth.

But that's getting ahead of myself.

She walks past me with just a nod. The warmth was overwhelming to me the first time. It was like being in a fire. The flames surrounding you, licking at you with their fiery tongues. Burning you with the intensity of the heat. Then you feel something strange. You don't want to get out of this fire. You want to bask in it, feel it all over your body until you can't feel anything else.

Then you realize you're alive. Not just living but alive. Your body tingles all over. Then it's gone. Just like that, gone in a flash. Left with nothing but a slight chill running down your spine.

She's like a rose. A beautiful red rose in a full bloom amongst the common wild flowers of everyday life. but it doesn't make the common flowers any less beautiful, or colorful. In fact, it makes them even more so. It makes each one of them more brilliant, more rare, even.

The way she affects everyone she meets is so totally unreal. She doesn't know it, or at least she pretends not to, but she makes each and everyone a better person while she's around. They smile wider, act happier, are even more kind to everyone around.

Maybe it's just an act, nobody could possibly be as great as all that, right? No one could change the way you feel; just by being there. Not a single person in the world could make you change so dramatically unless you want to, right?

Well, that's just the way Eva Garelie worked. Whether you liked it or not, she changed you. And there was nothing you could do about it.


The vibrant green of the sour apple bubble against her cherry red lips, cherry lips, red cherry lips. It's History glass and all anyone focuses on are those lips of hers. Or maybe it's just me. Who really knows. But it's a very boring class and we have to entertain ourselves some how.

Mr. McLuth is up at the front of the room, babbling about some dude from Japan, or China, and all that's going through my head is how great it would've been if it could have been way back then when they made wedding arrangements when children were young and they made arrangements for Eva to be with me.

But, that would've never happened. Can't happen. Won't happen. We would never be, and accepting that has been hard. but at least it's been accepted as a fast. Still, there's no harm in fantasizing, right?
© Copyright 2008 Eva G (evagrimm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478703-Her