*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479526-My-Very-First-Poem-Little-One
by Jezel
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Personal · #1479526
A poem about my son


I wrote this 20-25 minutes ago....my very first poem.

Poem little one

September 30, 2008 Tuesday







You were originally due for December but you came in August.

You were so tiny but you fought for your life every step of the way.

You let your parents know that you heard them by kicking you tiny feet and waving your tiny hands.

Every day you made improvements in our eyes by being with us for another day, another minute.

You never let us down, you never wavered in your chance to be in this world of ours.

You fought for every breath that came from your tiny body, proving to the doctors that you would be here for another day, another moment.

You began to eat and gain weight, making your parents proud.

Showing the world that you were here to stay.

Two weeks later you began to get sick and we worried, but you showed us that you weren’t going to give up.

You waved your tiny feet and hands, letting us know you were there fighting to be with us.

A day or two later you struggled for breath, your heart overworking to keep up with your tiny body.

We sat there with you, never leaving your side, even when you were unable to wave your hands or your feet.

We sang to you and asked you to stay with us, and we knew that you heard every word. 

You made us smile even as you gave your last breath, letting go of this world, for one last time.

We cried, knowing you had gone to a better place.

One day we will meet again, our tiny fighter.

Our little one.



© Copyright 2008 Jezel (spiritworld25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479526-My-Very-First-Poem-Little-One