*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479699-Prologue
by Kay
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1479699
'Tar...' Her voice was little more than a whisper. 'Did I do it again?'
The dawn was about to break. I knew this for two reasons. Firstly, I could feel the temperature of the air begin to rise. Only by a fraction of a degree, but I could feel it all the same.
Secondly, by the figure now curled around the base of the tree I was so carefully perched in. I gazed down at her, my anxious expression softening already at the sound of the gentle snores. I glanced up at the sky. Clouds began to move in above us, their angry shadows bringing with them the threatening promise of rain.
'Ahhh Jak...' I sighed, swinging lightly from the branch I was sat on. My feet hit the ground silently, only feet from Jak's slender form.
I instinctively moved to her and lifted her into my arms, her naked, frail body automatically curling into the warmth of my body.
Her eye's fluttered open and she looked up at my face, confused at first, then dissapointed, sad almost, as she realised where we were. I ran my fingers softly down her cheek, as I felt my pain mirror hers.
'Tar...' Her voice was little more than a whisper. 'Did I do it again?' She looked into my eyes, hopeful as ever, even though she already knew the answer.

I grimaced and looked away, unwilling to see the hope on her face crumble again. 'Sorry' I mumbled.
I didn't say any more. There was nothing else I could say.

She took a deep breath and sighed before burying her head into my shoulder. Shifting her weight slightly, I pulled my jacket around her as the first of the raindrops reached the ground. Her rackled sobs shook through her whole body as I held her close and began the long run home.

                                                *******************************
                       
 Chapter 1 - Tar  (13+)
As I stepped into the Kitchen, Jak turned to me and smiled...
#1479700 by Kay
© Copyright 2008 Kay (kay_e at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479699-Prologue