*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479874-Silence
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Dark · #1479874
Obsessions of a desperate human being.
Don't you feel that there is something wrong when the world starts to be nothing but a silent place? Suddenly, your cell phone doesn't ring any more. There are no text messages, no missed calls. Nothing. You feel weird and try to listen carefully. You try to find any sound or any movement around you, but all in vain. You can hear nothing but the ticking of the stupid clock that you'd probably want to shatter.

Then you try to make some noise to feel nothing but alive. You turn on your cd player. You turn it up. Still, nothing seems to work. You shake your body and try to feel the beat which is nothing to you at that moment but a string of meaningless lifeless sounds.

What da hell is that? Is it some kinda dream? Please, I wanna wake up. Enough! Is this a joke? Well, it sucks. You try to convince yourself that all of this is anything but real. But at last, you decide to face the truth. You're dead. Your body is dead. Now, your mind is in control. You can't stop it.

Ideas keep beating inside your head. Regrets fill it. You feel the silence no more. You just want your head to shut up. It's not the kinda noise you wanted. It's nasty and ugly. You begin to remember the past, your family. Your beloved, the deceased…… Without realizing, tears begin to fall on your cheeks. Your eyes can't stop them. You wonder about them. Why am I crying? Why am I sad? Is it really what I want from my life? How desperate I must be!

You want to reach the phone and call anyone, but your hand can't move. You still feel numb. Your body is trying to resist, but your damned mind is so strong. The fight is tough and it hurts you deep inside. Confused and worried as you are, you want it to end.

Slowly, you begin to feel it. You're relieved at last. Now, you know it. Your body is no longer numb. It decides to shatter the boredom finally. You pick up the phone and determine to break the silence. You tell yourself "No silence no more."

© Copyright 2008 Noha H. Rahhal (noha21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479874-Silence