*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480548-FIRE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Experience · #1480548
The night my boarding school caught fire.
In the middle of a cold January night, in Wilson Hall, dorm four, the dorm parent woke us up, saying we had to quickly leave the dorm, there was a fire in Wilson two dorm. We all got out of bed, left the dorm in single file, walked downstairs, out of the building, away from the school. We stood barefoot on the sidewalk, shivering, for what seemed like forever, my feet felt like they were going numb from the cold, before one of the dorm parents, had the idea to let us all pile into the staff cars, to get warm. All ten of the girls in my dorm fit in one car, Jessica and Laura sat on my lap. After a while, we were told to leave the car, walk across the parking lot, to the administration building, when I walked on the welcome mat, my feet were so cold that it felt like someone was putting knives in my feet. The dorm parents took us to a faculty lounge, where we sat for a while, waiting for word that we could go back to our dorm. When we finally went back to our dorm, it was time to start getting ready for school. We were very tired that day. We learned later, that the fire in dorm two, had actually been a microwave that had started smoking and shooting out sparks, in the middle of the night.
© Copyright 2008 blind_school (blind_school at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480548-FIRE