*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485039-Arsenic
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Arts · #1485039
a wife's reaction to her husband's infidelity.
She sat, thinking of what she would say when he got home. She heard the door open, and waited. A male figure walked into the sitting room, and smiled. It didn't shake her composure. Seeing her glass of brandy on the table, he moved to the mini bar to pour himself his usual - a Scotch. "I saw you with her" she said flatly. He froze. "Oh" was all he could say. She nodded, as if to agree to this simple reply. "She's a bit scrawny. I always thought you preferred women with more,...well, more." she commented, picking up her glass of brandy. "She has her assets, just like you have yours" he said stiffly. "Of course she does. Nobody meant otherwise." she assured him. He looked at her, confused. "Why aren't you upset?" he enquired, the Scotch halfway to his mouth. "Should I be?" she replied crisply. He lowered the Scotch. "Well, you caught me with another woman. If I were you, I would be fuming and screaming about divorce lawyers, in between calling me all sorts of names." he stated. She sipped slowly at her brandy. "There's no need for any of that. You'll come around." she responded coolly. "Well," he hesitated "In any case, I'm sorry." he shuffled awkwardly on the spot. "I know you are." she looked up and smiled. She held up her brandy. "To you darling. Cheers." she toasted and gulped it down. He did the same with his Scotch. "By the way," she said slowly, as he fell to the floor "there was arsenic in that."

- end -
© Copyright 2008 sheril b. (tgsherilamirah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485039-Arsenic