*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485295-Letters-from-a-Lover-1
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #1485295
Note from a frantic woman to her lover, begging him to change his ways.
***Author's Note***
I got the inspiration for this from the most recent Batman movie, The Dark Knight, in which Rachel leaves Bruce (Batman) a letter telling him why they will never be able to be together.  This is slightly similar, only different, because the main character believes her lover can change and has yet to give up hope.  This is very rough, so any suggestions would be appreciated!





My Dearest,                    
I beg of you, my knight, my masked liberator, to take off your mask, and show the world what you really possess.  Show them the lover that you are when with me.  Show them the being behind the glory, behind the merciless entity the whole world thinks you to be, the being that everyone, including me, knows and hates. 

I love you, you know this, I am sure, but what I am not certain of is that I can continue to do so if you play this other man, this foreign person, any longer.  Leaving you would, in no doubt, break my heart into millions of pieces, so many pieces, in fact, that I could assure you, that they would never be pieced together. 

I have loved you more deeply and honestly then I have ever loved any other, and opening my heart to you has been not been easy, but you made it seem as if my heart did not encompass all the security it held.  Of this, I am surprised, for I had not thought loving someone so dearly was possible.

My love, I urge to leave this other person behind, but, if you refuse to part with him, I can guarantee that I will no longer be yours, and sadly, I will never be able to be a part of your life.  But of this I can tell- you are destined for great endeavors and if you so wish, you could own the world and have anyone in it, anyone at all, anyone, however, apart from me.  Although I tell you that you are destined for greatness, what I cannot promise is that you will be happy, a far greater need then wealth or riches. And with that, I leave you to make your own decision, understanding, of course, that either one will leave you with much hurt.

Your amorous adherent,
anonymous
© Copyright 2008 L'amour de coeur (simplydivine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485295-Letters-from-a-Lover-1