*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486433-untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1486433
opening section of story.work in progress!constructive critisiscm appreciated!more to come
Although this is how most old fairy stories start, what you are about to read is by no means a fairy tale. It is an accurate account of what happened to a very powerful young boy. However, he doesn’t know how powerful he is, at least not where we are joining him on his journey from boyhood to manhood, and so it must begin…Once upon a time, there was a Powerful young boy. He is called Kai-Shon. Kai-Shon is a shy boy but very hard working in all he does to help his sister, Lisandra, who has raised him since he was only 1 and a half years old. Every evening before they go to sleep on their simple wicker mats, Lisandra lights a symbolic Kolfta Candle in the middle of the floor, and tells Kai-Shon stories of their mother, Impwacha, which she had once told Lisandra. In this way Impwacha’s spirit can dance through the flame of the candle and be reborn in the stories and memories with Lisandra and Kai-Shon.
On this particular evening Lisandra tells him of his first year and a half and how Impwacha became ill before she died. As Kai-Shon listens to how his own mother became ill, he recalls how his sister has changed in the past year and he begins to worry. She has worked so hard raise him well in the past 13 years since their mothers’ death. He fears now, at just 14 ½ and not yet a man, he must begin repaying all the love and devotion Lisandra has shown him.
He begins to wake extra early every morning to prepare breakfast for them both, though more often than not he has always given his sister his share of what little food they have, even though Lisandra always tells him he must keep up his strength for working in the field where he must toil through the long hot days of spring and summer to make enough food to store over the cold harsh autumn and winter in the land of Zinarbena.
In Zinarbena’s second city, Riknalsam, where Kai-Shon and Lisandra live, there are many customs, laws and rules, which the citizens must follow, or face the wrath of their Ak-Shraa, Montim-Etubgou, prodigal son of the Zinarbenian all-knowing, all-powerful Al-Ak-Shraa, Bethuthzdu-Tsinkrolna and the fair and beautiful Al-Rik-Shraa Minemrita.
According to these traditions of Riknalsam, Kai-Shon and Lisandra have inherited not only their status in the city as lowly farm hands, but something darker and deeper than that which can be seen.

© Copyright 2008 sunshine_jones (sunshine_jones at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486433-untitled