*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487576-A-true-Face
Rated: 13+ · Article · Community · #1487576
A summary of a real work done in India, Maharashtra.
Wellness mobile Clinic for Rural villages in Mann Taluka



Our Centre, Aj Medical Care Pvt Ltd, created in 2006, during our initial survey we observed the villages that fell under Mann Taluka, were short of basic medical needs. 

It is known to everyone that Hinjewadi IT park has become the heart of the flourishing IT and other companies, but it is a bit impossible to believe that just 10 kms away from Phase II, People still struggled for basic needs like water and medical. These villages are amazing lacking everything from full fledged hospitals to proper road and water supply.

There are few physicians and Mann PHC who are running their small clinics but it is inadequate for the population of 12,000 villagers spread over eight villages.

With spirit in our minds we set out to try and help these people at least by providing some medical services.  So we started with small projects like Polio drive, Immunizations Camps and Anemia Camps with the help of companies, and covered about 2000 men, children and women.

However, we were waiting for a great opportunity to lend hand to all these people. In the month of April 2008 we started to work with Wipro Cares who had the vision to serve needy people. Together, we began to work together for the mobile clinic.

The function or the main aim of this clinic is provide basic health care to all the villages (Chande, Mulkhed, Kamboli, Katarkhadak, Pimpoli, Adhale, Javal,) for next two years for minimum cost of rupees 5.  This clinic would be carrying two doctors and one nurse who would visit the villages as per schedule and provide them needed treatment. Before initializing this project we spoke with all the gram sevak and leaders and asked for their permission and support for this project. We should say that they stood true to this.

However to implement this Mobile Clinic we required to known the villagers living status. For this we conducted a population survey (One of our team members interviewed the villagers in their language). To get the jest of the condition we interviewed 10% of the 12,000 population. This activity took about 10 days, in which along with our team one volunteer was provided by each village. 

Analysis was done and we found that more than 50% of people suffered from infectious diseases. Though TT and other immunization were available they were unaware. More ever, they failed to use facilities like toilet even when it was provided. More than 60% of people still resided in kuctcha houses and didn’t have even tap water supply.

It was good to know that the young were going to school and getting some education but they are still in darkness regarding basic hygiene, cleanliness and awareness.

We have taken the initial steps and with the help and support of both Wipro Cares and Villagers, AJ Foundation seeks to helps these people for the next two years.

We encourage more and more companies to join in such causes so that we all grow and thrive together.

© Copyright 2008 nashomega (nashomega at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487576-A-true-Face