*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488042-Nevertheless-Never
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1488042
This is a very short story about a girl with guy and love troubles.
*****Nevertheless Never*****


The tears spilled delicately from her eyes onto her porcelain face. As she suppressed the ever-growing sob wrenching at her chest, she compulsively reached for Jason’s—his—arm as he began to turn away from her, taking with him her eternal bliss and seemingly existence. His golden blonde hair fell into his eyes as he stared down at his arm where her fingers desperately grasped with no intention of letting go.

His voice conveyed a harsh, cold tone, “Allie, I don’t love you. I never did. I only wanted to make you happy, but you still never trusted me. I’m in love with someone else. Forget that we were ever together.” With that and one last bitter, penetrating glance from his hard features into her fragile eyes, he shook off her grip and turned on his heel in the opposite direction. She stared helplessly as his figure disappeared into the distance, her voice catching in her throat at the words she wanted to scream at his retreating presence. All that came up was the suppressed sob she could no longer hold back. With him gone, she allowed the tears to flow freely and to be completely enveloped in her grief. Through her blurry vision, she glimpsed her fingers that were still teeming with electricity where she last touched him. She put her fingers to her chest gently, hoping it might hurt less.

Her strength of even upholding her weight vertically left her, just as he had left her standing in the cold, shuddering not just from her frozen bones but his distant, unemotional tone. She had concluded that he was indifferent to her pain, that he had always been in love with the other woman. This was something she had feared for the majority of their relationship, even if it was just mere jealousy on her part. She didn’t know how much of his heart had been devoted to the other woman. She didn’t have to guess anymore as he had said it plain and clear, “I’m in love with someone else.” Once she let those horrifying words finally sink in, they crushed her like a train crushes an unfortunate leaf that happened to blowing on the tracks.

All of the sudden, she couldn’t breathe. Her throat was closing up as she collapsed to the floor. The tears no longer silently slid as she couldn’t stand idly when her body was shaking with agony. Blinking back the tears, she gathered her weak strength and forced her legs straight upright. With nothing but vengeance and entity behind her once ever-so fragile eyes that turned so suddenly full of anger, she walked with confidence of her mission. There was no way he was going to crush her, phase her existence one bit, in fact. Jason who? She ever-so eloquently retrieved her LG from the depths of her La Perla hot pink lace bra. With her fingers flying across the keys, the very same fingers that had grasped Jason’s muscular arm moments before, it soon began ringing.

A deep handsome-sounding voice of an obviously well-trained man answered, “Allie, darling. How are you?”

Swallowing her tears, Allie simply recited, “Fifteen East Avenue. Ten minutes.” Without allowing time for the man with the handsome-sounding voice to respond, she flipped her phone shut and replaced it to its original home. Her heels made a clicking sound on the floor of the lobby as she stepped outside to the sunny world awaiting her. With one last wiping of the already forgotten tears, she fluffed her hair and glided down the street with her pink sundress inching upwards on her toned thighs with the wind blowing underneath it.

After a few minutes of confident gliding, she arrived at 15 East Avenue to find him already waiting there for her. With a show-stopping gorgeous smile, she trotted the last few steps between them and threw her arms around him with a small shriek. She cried out, “Jeremy! How I’ve missed you!”

The look on Allie’s face revealed no hint of her mental breakdown only minutes before. She smiled as though Jeremy was the only guy she ever wanted to see. At the moment in time, he was, which might have explained her lingering arms around his neck and her whispering sexily into his ear. With this, a slow smile spread across Jeremy’s face, and he wrapped his arm possessively around her waist. They walked a few blocks like that, entangled in each other with her hands wandering all over him until she couldn’t take it any more.

She squirmed out of Jeremy’s tight grasp on her and turned to face him, her hands still entangled among his many muscles. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Jason walking down the sidewalk in their direction. Without notice, she grabbed Jeremy closer and whispered, “Kiss me.” Jeremy, oblivious of his best friend standing ten feet behind him, happily obliged in kissing his best friend’s ex-girlfriend. Allie was focused on only one thing, not the boy in front of her that she was kissing, but the boy standing still watching them who seemed unable to move. Her gaze met Jason’s, and she saw the pain devouring his face. This only fueled her more to intensify the kiss. Once she knew Jason was watching, she poured everything into kissing Jeremy, not willing to admit that every moment she was dreaming she was kissing Jason instead. Once she heard footsteps retreating, she broke the kiss and gently pushed a very confused Jeremy away. Nevertheless, never was she going to be happy. For the second time that day, she watched her love walk away from her.
© Copyright 2008 Marcie Kae (iheartdogs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1488042-Nevertheless-Never