*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489003-Abyssmal-Windows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kaia
Rated: E · Monologue · Community · #1489003
Semi-biographical observations about life and what makes life worth living.
A man no older than 30 sat alone in a dark room.  Although the windows were open, and there was plenty of light, he saw none of it.

Most who spoke to him were shocked by his intelligence, for he had the wisdom of a man far beyond his years, who had seen far more than most his age had.

But he was rank with the cold, bitter outlook that comes from years of suffering.

Although he was wise and kind, he drove many away with his distant manner, only causing him more pain.

He would place a mask around his aura, protecting himself from pain, but also stifling himself, his emotions and personality.





For what is a person without emotions? A vessel. A hollow shell with all the capabilities to live but is, really, only a vehicle of flesh and blood.

Personality is what makes life worth living, but while trying to block the pain, you purge your essence; while trying to keep out the harmful chemicals of the world, we hold our breath, thus dying of starvation.

Human flesh is subject to pain, as is human emotion. But mortality is not just pain and suffering- mortality is the state of living.

Life is full of emotions: joy, sadness, surprise, desperation, love, pleasure and so much more. What’s the point of living if you dwell on the pain of mortality?

© Copyright 2008 Kaia (likeabutterfly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489003-Abyssmal-Windows