*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489491-What-is-True-Love
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1489491
How do you know when you have found true love?
WHAT IS TRUE LOVE?

Ultimately, everyone is searching for their soul mate. However, when searching for true love, will you know it when you find it?

People often disagree about what love is or what the word love truly means. Our learned or conceived ideas about love and the many features and concepts we apply to it are endless.

For example, there is no proof that love at first sight exists. Perhaps it's better to state there is attraction at first sight, and such attraction may develop into love, given the proper momentum and direction as the relationship unfolds.

There is only one true happiness in life, to love and be loved. But, once again, what is love?

Can love be classified as a strong affection for another person arising out of kinship or personal ties? Is it the dictionary's description of a warm attachment, devotion, admiration, loyalty, and benevolent concern for the good of another?

How can a person identify love or know when they have found the one true love? It is said that pure love comes not from the heart, but from the soul.

Of course, there are physical and emotional aspects of love, which is triggered by the development of a loving relationship. Have you ever felt your heart beating rapidly or butterflies in the bottom of your stomach, when you notice that certain person? That moment when you kiss that special person, does everything around you become hazy and the only thing in focus is you and that person?

When you realize that this wonderful person is the only one you want to be with for the rest of eternity, does your heart fill with joy, do you want to laugh and cry, are you suddenly afraid that this feeling will go away? Can you see heaven in their smile? Are you swept away? Do you become insanely protective, filled with yearning, hope, and nervous anxiety, all at the same time?

How should you feel when you are with this special person? Are you proud to be with them and are they proud of you? When your hands join as one do you feel a thousand sensations, a tingling that will not disappear?

When you look into that special person's eyes, do you see love looking back at you? Do you see a rainbow in each tear of joy that person sheds? After all, tears of joy are the microscope through which we see that inner love and devotion.

Every decision you make should be done not for you, but with that special person in mind, for the secret of true love is that you love your partner more than you do yourself.

Are you willing to sacrifice your life for that special person? Does that person bring sunshine into your heart and a cheerful smile to your face? Your face is the mirror to your soul, a happy heart makes your face cheerful. Are you committed to standing by that person's side and share whatever develops?

What should you do to express your love to this special person? You must never think twice, never hide anything, never hold even fleeting desires for anyone else. You must stay true to them, hold them in your arms and let the passion flow. You should often tell them of your love, walk and talk and plan wonderful things together, share your dreams, your hopes, your desires, and above all else your laughter, touch, and those tears of joy.

Always remember that those who seek love without fault, will remain without love. You must also learn to forgive, to overlook little faults and small differences. Revel in the knowledge that you are not the same but that the difference you share is a great part of that love everlasting. Try to avoid in yourself the things that disturb your partner.

Remember that in marriage, being the right person is as important as finding the right person and that it is possible to give without loving, but it is impossible to love without giving.

Love is not a person who only cares about what they will get out of a relationship, without concern for the other party. It is unselfish. Yet people do the most insane things to each other under stress. If they can just get over themselves then they might finally learn to love and express that love in a joyful way. Real love is eternal.

A wise philosopher once wrote, "If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden." Think always of that special person and carry them with you wherever you go, in your heart, in your mind, and in your bountiful garden.

It is also written that greater love hath no man that he lay down his life for another? You can show no greater love for that special person than that you are eager to place them, their lives, their happiness, above yours. Never ask what this special person can do for you, but what you can do for them.

Before you take your last breath, you cry tears in agony over the short span of time you will be away from your true love, you will know you have found love everlasting.
© Copyright 2008 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489491-What-is-True-Love