*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489751-AP-World-History-CCOT-Arabic-World
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Thesis · History · #1489751
A thesis on the relations between before during and after the crusades in the Arabic world
A thesis based on the political, interaction-wise, and social perception on the time periods of before, during, and after the crusades of the Arabic World.



AP World History compare and contrast essay(CCOT)



The crusades of the Arabic World, led by the Christian Kings, were thought to be the turning point of the empire. Many thought it would the downfall of yet another empire. However, despite these thoughts, politics, social, and interaction aspects of the Arab World are what kept it up through the harsh times.



              Politics, back in the early medieval period, were governed, loosely yet, based on the Islamic faith. However, things were not so strict on to how everything was ran. It could have been considered a loosely bound society. Things changed dramatically, as time flew into the late medieval period. At first, women were allowed to have economic roles, sit in councils, and voice their opinions. The government even held tolerance for the Jews, Christens, and Zoroastrians. Climatically, during all empires, is the highest point they achieved a level of greatness. Muslims had a rival caliphate in Spain, the new capital built in Baghdad, not Medina where Muhammad set it up. Persians were used as bureaucrats, Persian became the language of the elite, and Persians even dominated the government. The law was strung even tighter around the Islamic faith, basing their law on the Quran, allowing all life in their world centralized around Allah, and the prophets. The Quran-based government, however, ensured the political survival of the government during all three time eras.



              Socially, the Arab World would be your model empire. Everything was male oriented. The society was consisted of tribes, clans, kin, and blood feuds. The courage of the society was always being plagued by warfare. Females were only allowed to be homemakers, unless born to high status, but some were privileged to become poets. There was even evidence of matrilineal inheritance. Moving to the next time era, women were still kept the same, men were sent into the military for the country. Slaves were also used in warfare. However, they were quickly replaced by military units of Turks. They became the model in Muslim World. During the Crusades, many Shia Ismailia Muslims demanded social justice for even everyone, resorting to violence against the Islamic rulers.  Even though things seemed rough in life to the Islamic people, females played the same role in society. Matrilineal inheritance still took place, and people were looking for balance.



     















War, everyone would have to agree that it is an empire-motivation, an empire-catalyst, and an empire-destroyer. It all comes down to war. In the early ages, blood feuds took place and society was plagued by warfare. Trading was reduced to few oasis towns, linked only by trading caravans. Muhammad fled to Medina, where the complete Islamic state government began. Advancing, many Arab tribes migrated to North Africa, displacing many Berbers in Egypt and Libya. In Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia, rebellions were forced onto the government to breakaway from Muslim states. Christian states in Northern Iberia resisted Islam, extensive trade and commerce linked increasingly under

urban culture. Muslim invasions of Europe continued. After their climax of age, Black slave rebellions broke out in Iraq. The slaves were forced into domestic, commercial, and

military occupations. There was even lucrative slave trade of all races. In Quran, slavery was even permitted, but only non-Muslims could be slaves. The Rebellion of the Shia Ismailia Muslims, used violence against the Islamic rulers. Overall, people wanted an easier life than then the life they were forced to live. They wanted change, starting from little fights, to nation-wide rebellions.





      Socially, politically, and interaction-wise, most areas stayed the same, yes advanced, while other areas changed all together, creating the classical model empire, yet extending into the future by changing, learning, and developing the aspects of their lives, socially, politically, or by simple interaction.

© Copyright 2008 Gabranth (gabranth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489751-AP-World-History-CCOT-Arabic-World