*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489818-Revenge-of-the-Paper
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1489818
An author finds her papers revolting aganist her.
So here I sat writing my story on the computer. Thinking of a plot line and listening to my fingers tap softly on the keyboard when I suddenly felt something move behind me. I turned my head around looking for the source but there was nothing there. Slightly unnerved I turned back to my work. THERE! There it was again! I fully turned myself round in the swivel chair hoping to catch sight of whatever was moving behind me. Nothing again! Maybe all the late nights spent with the all soy chips, diet soda, and monster flicks filled with enough gore to last me until the next year were finally getting to me. I had to be losing my mind. Or maybe my house was really haunted! I always had that nagging paranoid feeling that my house was filled with at least one evil spirit just waiting to scare the hell out me.
I slowly rotated back to the computer, mumbling under my breath, and continued typing away on the keyboard. It was when I had become engrossed in my story that IT happened. Something brushed aganist my leg, no two somethings! It would make sense if I had a cat or dog but I had no animals. I let out a tiny yelp and stood up. I glanced down by my feet when I saw something white out of the corner of my eye.Oh crap its a ghost and its going to kill me! Despite my mind telling my eyes not to look they went straight to the place the white thing had gone. Another scream was stuck in my throat as I saw what was lying on the floor. I carefully walked over to the white thing, waiting for it to pop up and scare me, but nothing happened. Slowly I moved my hand down to touch the white thing and realized it was a piece of paper! There was nothing scary about paper, aside from paper cuts.
The question is how did it get over here? There were no windows in the room or drafts. So what could have made the paper move over here? It had to be a spirit moving everything. Well it wasn't going to scare me! I decided. I picked up the piece of paper and set it by the computer. I started to type for the third time that night when the paper started to levitate. All I could do was watch as the paper flew across the room and under the door. I thought I could just ignore the paper magically leaving the room but then there was a loud scratching noise on the wood of the door. I just sat there as the scratching progressed to pounding and the door finally burst open. What I saw had to be more terrifying than a ghost. There in the door way was a massive white creature made up of...paper! A fluttering sound came out of its gargled mouth. The sound came out again in a louder moan. "You!" It cried out. I sat there stunned. This had to be a dream. But if this was a dream why did I have to be so terrified of a paper monster? At least give me a dead zombie running around trying to eat my brain.
The creature called out again "You."
"What about me?!" I yelled back at it, angry that this stupid paper wade was just a lame nightmare. It seemed stunned for a moment by my loud booming voice.
"You do not use us." It whimpered "We will destroy the one who replaced us." It gurgled at me.
"What the heck are you talking about?" I asked.
"You do not use us. Choose now, your death or the electronic paper." It took what appeared to be a crouched over position. It was waiting for my answer.
I started racking my brains searching for an answer. What did they mean by electronic paper? I looked around the room absently trying to solve the puzzle when my eyes rested on the computer filled with words. They meant my lap top! The $4,000 lap top that had all the awesome features of a supercomputer without all the bulk. Curse my hacking hobby I yelled.
"You cann't attack my computer! It cost me and arm and a leg!"
"Very well then you shall perish." It began to launch at me. I didn't mean for it to come after me! I just didn't want it to take out my new baby. I managed to dodge the lumbering beast but tripped over the cord that was the power to my laptop. The beast started coming back towards me. But it did not seem ready to charge. Instead pieces of paper were seperating from the creature. It was then my wonderful mind reminded me about the one horrifying thing of paper, the paper cuts you could get.
"Wait!" I yelled. The pieces of papers froze in midair. "Can we make a deal?"
"What kind of deal?" The paper asked in a curious voice.
"How about I promise to write on a sheet of paper at least once a week? I could write one really good story!"
"That's not good enough." the paper growled slightly "You have to write 5 times a week on three sheets of paper. Or else your lap top will perish."
"What if I write two times a week on two sheets of paper and they all have to be stories? Is that ok?"
The beasts face twisted as it thought. "Very well, but if you don't write on us at all then we will come back and take out both you and the laptop." With that the beast exploded into several sheets of papers.
"You could have at least gone back neatly into the paper drawer." I mumbled. One of the sheets growled at me and I gasped. "Fine. Fine." I picked up all the sheets , it took me two hours. I finished my newly inspired story on the computer. Guess waht it was about? Now if you'll excuse my I have some sheets of paper to fill up.
© Copyright 2008 Wlflover (wlflover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489818-Revenge-of-the-Paper