*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489819-The-Writer-Unknown
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1489819
It is about a boy who is fighting to keep his identity as an author a secret.
Stanley Tallisa was sitting in his room and he was finishing the rough draft of a book he was writing for a major publisher, Rafiti Books. Stanley has a secret that only him and the owner of Rafiti Books, Rafiti Canserdat knows he is the the famous author Stanley G. T. Not even the person that has been assigned to him, as his own personal publisher knows.

His specialty in books is mystery and adventure. The book he is working on right now was a mystery/adventure about a spy traveling all around the world to find proof that he isn’t the mole in his agency. “Stanley! Where are you?” Mrs. Tallisa yelled upstairs. “I’m in my room working on umm….. homework!,” Stanley yelled back downstairs to his mom. “ Okay, well me and your father are going to the Stanley G.T. signing at the bookstore!” and Stanley heard the door close and the car start.

What I didn’t tell you before is that Rafiti hired an actor to take Stanley’s place at the book signings. The particular one that was happening today was for his book The Young Blood. It’s about the trials and tribulations a vampire living in the human world has to go through, and at the same time trying to reunite with his family in the spirit realm. You may have noticed that he specializes in mystery/adventure, and yet the last book he published was an adventure/fantasy. Well that is because the week before a book reviewer said that he was to focused on one genre and so he wrote Young Blood.

A few minutes after his parents left (he did this to make sure that his parents wouldn’t come in during his phone-call). When he was 99% sure that his parents weren’t coming back he went downstairs to the phone and dialed 557-9864 and let it ring. The man on the other side was Rafiti, Stanley wanted to talk to him about problems he was having on the rough draft, he couldn’t think of a way to somehow put a love interest in the book. “ Maybe you could have him check into a hotel in Guam and bumps into what you could describe as, when I first saw her face it was like her eyes were Dr Astom (a villain from another book in the series) and she just captured me with no way out. Does that sound good to you Stanley?” “ That’s perfect Raf, (Stanley’s nickname for Rafiti) thanks for the help, see you later bye.” When Stanley hang-up the phone he heard a knock at the door. “Who is it?” Stanley asked “Delivery.” The person replied. “Coming!”

When Stanley opened the door, before he could see who was really there he saw darkness and he realized he had been stuffed into a burlap sack. Within a few seconds he felt movement and he saw light again and saw that he was sitting in a leather-upholstered limousine and sitting across from him was the founder and owner of one of Rafiti Books’ rivals, Josh Weatherton (owner of Weatherton Inc.). “As you can see we have probably now noticed we have found out your identity Mr. Stanley G.T, and we will reveal your secret to the world if you don’t make a deal with us right here right now.”

Stanley was set aback. He never knew that people wanted to his identity so bad, and that they would actually kidnap him in attempts to make some sort of deal with him. “What kind of deal Mr. Weatherton would you like to strike with me?” Stanley asked very questionably. “I want you to tell Rafiti Books that you would like to stop working with them. Then after that phone call you would need to call me at this number to confirm that you quit and then I would come pick you and in this exact same limo and then you will sign a three year agreement with Weatherton Inc. and if you violate the terms of the contract then we will sue you for all the assets you have earned selling your books whether it was during the duration of your Rafiti Books contract or Weatherton Inc.” Stanley was surprised how Mr. Weatherton said that whole statement with no expression in his face except complete and utter seriousness  and not satisfaction as in a happy face but as in he knew he had control.

"Well Mr Weatherton. (Stanley then sighs) You drive a very hard bargain and I have to  say... NO DEAL! I am not going to throw away the thing I have with Rafiti just because you threaten to tell the world my identity! I will tell you one thing. Scum like you are the kind of people who never come on top in my books. So since that happens in my books it will happen for real." It took Weatherton a second to respond but when he did Stanley was completely and utterly surprised. "Okay Mr. Tallisa you have made your point clear. Well goodbye." and the car stopped and they were in front of Stanley's house. Stanley got out of the car, walked across the street, opened the door, and went to sleep.

The next morning Stanley hoped that it was all a dream  but when he went to get the mail that afternoon, there was a letter addressed to him from Weatherton Inc. telling him that this was his last chance to sign a contract which was in the envelope with a pre-paid envelope to mail the contract back with. When he went back inside his mom asked who it was from. "Just Weatherton Inc. wanting to subscribe to a junior reader program and they'd send a few novels to me. I really hate the authors they publish." Then he crumpled the letter up and threw it in the trash. 



© Copyright 2008 D.W.E. Robbins (gaarauzimaki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1489819-The-Writer-Unknown